China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well, that's actually an acceptable form of immitation since none of parts are interchangable.

Being lookalike is OK(like new Elantra looking so much like Corolla); being able to exchange parts and doors are not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks like a photoshop.

If this is real where would the engine go?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Andy said:
That looks like a photoshop.

If this is real where would the engine go?
Hi Andy,

Maybe its electric powered - there is room for bateries and an electric motor.

There are a supprising number of electric powered vehicles being developed in China. Few Chinese people travel large distances so they are more practical than elsewhere.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Does that thing have 3 wheels. I've seen many 3 wheel vehicles outside the cities. But nothing like that, it's got a sunroof too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Windy said:
Hi Andy,

Maybe its electric powered - there is room for bateries and an electric motor.

There are a supprising number of electric powered vehicles being developed in China. Few Chinese people travel large distances so they are more practical than elsewhere.

I'm all for Electric cars, electric cars don't pollute and are energy efficient.

·
Registered
561 Posts
fightingtorque said:
maybe this is the acceptable rip off of a QQ? Seen a few running as taxis in shenyang

looks really photoshopped, if you look closely at the front bumper it goes all the way in one piece down where the side skirts suppost to be up where the rear bumper belongs, over the top creating the roof, back down meeting the front bumper again, all in one piece. I dont think anyone got the fiberglass moulding technology to do that. and again the front bumper looks really ackward.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like its a three wheeled trike with a cabin placed on top. Oh and to me it this photo looks genuine, still looks like shit though.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Who is the manufacturer ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
well fine maby its not photoshopped, but can anyone give us a close up on the engine or motor of the car. Maby an interior or something?? and btw the front bumper looks hell lot like the QQ, so is this thing made by chery??

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys, I wouldn't cheat you, it's real. I have a rear view as well but didn't upload it yet. Windy's got my phonecamera right.

I suspect they are made in shenyang, these things tend to be very cheap, assembled by farmers during the winter. The cost of sending them from shandong to shenyang would make them uncompetitive.

I think it's basically a motorbike on the front, with a two wheeled back end, and a glassfibre body on top. Much cheaper than a car, but......

......Still looks like shit though!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts