China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Chery Eastar 6 (A7)

This car looks absolutely fantastic.
The question is how much this car will cost in Germany when it is on the market.
Probably almost as much as a Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3er.
For sure it is much better equipped but I think, that it will be very rare and exclusive in Europe.

·
Registered
62 Posts

I think that A6 and A7, together with the A6 CC, will be the first three cars that are sold under the new division called Rich.
IMO it sounds ways better if you say you drive a Rich than if you say you drive a Chery.
I´m still waiting to get my A113.

·
Registered
26 Posts

MCV87 said:
This car looks absolutely fantastic.
The question is how much this car will cost in Germany when it is on the market.
Probably almost as much as a Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3er.
For sure it is much better equipped but I think, that it will be very rare and exclusive in Europe.
How very polite to say that driving the Eastar 6/ Chery A7 over here in Germany will be quite a rare and exclusive experience. You could probably also say that it´ll be disappointment, saleswise. No wonder, using the Ford Milans back and being a bit uninspired in it´s design after all. I also doubt that it will be touch a price league like BMW/MB/Audi or comparable. Even pricing it like an upscale Kia (Magentis, for example) would be quite a burden for this cars possible sucsess over here.

I don´t wanna sound too hard. I am sure this is a big step foreward for Chery, no matter what. I was just hoping for something a little more funky and convincing.

·
Registered
62 Posts

IMO it looks more like an Audi A8 than a Mercury Milan.
The only disappointment that is absolutely predictable will be the delivery time if you want to buy this car in Germany.
Many people probably think, that this car is a blatant and uninspired copycat of a big Audi but I like the car.
I wonder what engines will be used in the A7.
V6? Turbo-I4?

·
Administrator
17,500 Posts
Together with new brands Chery introduced first car to be sold under Riich name. This is Riich G6, which was being developed under name Chery A7.

http://auto.sohu.com/s2009/e6/

Chery Automobile, a fast-growing Chinese car manufacturer announced the launch of two new sub-brands in China.

The two new brands are: Riich which is for high-end, luxury automobile and Rely which will market business cars.

At the launch ceremony the first Riich model was also shown. Called the G6 it is a 5-meter long sedan, which is powered by Chery's self-developed, EU4-compliant gasoline engines. There's a smaller, four-cylinder turbocharged 2.0-liter unit, capable of 125 kW @ 5500 and a bigger, 3.0-liter V6 with 143 kW @ 5500 rpm.

Suspension is with double wishbones front and multi-link at the rar, with adjustable dampers. Bi-xenon headlights, LED taillights, a slew of airbags and a long list of standard features (TPMS, rear-view camera, ventilated disc brakes, electrically adjusted seats and mirrors etc.) indicate that Chery is serious in its intent on creating a worthy competitor to the likes of BMW and Audi.

Chery now has got four brands under its belt. In addition to Chery, Riich and Rely there's Karry which is being used for light commercial vehicles.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: Riich G6 (Chery A7)

2009 Shanghai Auto Show Preview: Chery Riich G6

SHANGHAI, China — Chery Automobile unveiled two new high-end sub-brands in the run-up to the 2009 Shanghai Auto Show, part of the carmaker's plan to boost profitability and expand into overseas markets.

One of China's larger automakers, Chery added the Riich and Rely brands to its portfolio. The Riich badge will be used on more luxurious models, including the new G6 sedan. Chery said at least five models are planned under the Riich brand, including a sporty coupe and three compacts.

The Rely name will be used mainly on sport-utility vehicles and multipurpose vehicles.

Introducing the high-end models represents Chery's efforts to enter the higher market segments. It also paves the way for the automaker to drive into overseas markets as competition in the domestic market stiffens.

Chery aims to boost its total sales by 17 percent to 419,000 units this year, including 263,000 sold in China and 156,000 for export.

The first model, the Riich G6, rolled off the assembly line at a plant in Wuhu on Wednesday. Equipped with a 192-horsepower 3.0-liter V6 or a turbocharged 168-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, Chery said the car would be on par with the Audi A6L, the most popular business sedan in China.

"The (G6) will play a major role in expanding into the mid-to-high-class segment and compete with premier cars made by foreign rivals," Chery said in a statement.

The self-developed Riich G6 will sell between $26,000 and $32,000. It features double-wishbone suspension with adjustable shocks, bi-xenon headlamps, LED taillamps, a rearview back-up camera, power seats and more.

Chery said the Riich G-series will be followed by M-, X- and Z-series models.

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=144570

·
Registered
255 Posts

Car looks a bit outdated (by 5 years or so), but at least it looks good.

The brand name (Riich) sucks though.

·
Registered
5 Posts

It looks nice from behind, I don't like the front though.

And the logo is obviously an exact copy of Bentley's Logo

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

I just have a question here, why is the plastic interior on the door look so soft ? Is it meant to be like that by the design or the plastic is bad ?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts