China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Future Chery QQ 2

Just curious - Does anyone know of an aftermarket kit to change the Center Console (Temperature & Audio Controls cluster) of the QQ (and maybe the Faira series?) - The new Faira lines looks interesting, just that center console looks really tacky (at least for me)....I would pay considerately more if the car came with a better looking/traditional center console.

Also, having a hard time seeing through the rims ...Im assuming the front brakes are disc - what about the rear ones?

·
Administrator
17,931 Posts
Chery to launch cheap convertible for under $12,000.

Chery Automobile is planning to launch a low-priced convertible model as part of its new Faira series, priced from around $11,400.

The Faira family of subcompacts -- including hatchback, sedan and crossover models -- was unveiled last week at the Beijing auto show. The Chinese name is fu wa, for the mascot of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Chery executive Li Feng said all five Faira models, including the convertible, will go into production in 2009. Prices will start at just over $7,150 for the basic hatchback.

"We want to get into every niche market in the small-car segment," said Li.

source: edmunds.com

·
Registered
706 Posts

Wow, there's more people groping all over this car than any other I've seen in pictures form the Beijing Auto Show. From the looks of this response, the Chinese people are gonna hawk the Chery stores in large numbers and buy up this pup when it comes out!

·
Registered
26 Posts

WOW - Glad to hear Chery is putting effort to get the impractical YY convertible (was thinking they were just going to produce 4 doors for awhile longer ;-)) out in Early 09 - and for under 80K RMB (hopefully cheaper when purchased locally vs. exported). Now if the rumor about putting the 1.5, this would be a fun city car...not sure I'd feel comfortable taking it on the highways though ;-)

·
Registered
28 Posts

Hooray -someone is doing something different with a dashboard. I think it about time we had a wheel (with a binacle attached) a centre console (with HVAC) and the airbags in purposely designed bins rather than adapting the time honoured dashboard. This at least shows someone thinking differently. I am not so sure I like it but it is something different.

·
Administrator
17,931 Posts
Chery to postpone launch of Faira NN to 2009.

September 11, 2008 - Chery Faira NN, one of the five Faira family cars showcased at the 2008 Beijing Auto Show in April by Chery, has its launch into the market delayed to 2009, said Chery Automobile spokesman Jin Yibo yesterday, Beijing Times reported.

Chery is looking for a suitable time to release new products for meeting the market demand, Jin Yibo said in a hand-over ceremony of Chery offering courtesy cars for Shenzhou-7 astronauts who are about to carry out their space mission on the launch of China's manned spacecraft Shenzhou-7.

Chery will only roll out A3 sedan version and A3 hatchback within the year, he said. The two models will go on sale by the end of September and November respectively. The launch of the Chery Faira NN will be postponed until next year.

source: Gasgoo.com

41 - 60 of 140 Posts