China Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: Riich M1, M5, X1 (future QQ)

A british paper Telelgraph is saying Riich M1 looks like a Yaris.

What is your opinion ?

·
Registered
13 Posts

Yaris? No way. Some says that the Headlights are reminding the Ones at the Citroen C1.

And most surprisingly: In Germany, no one tries to see a copy in the M1. Usually everybody here tries to see a copy in any chinese car. Doen't matter how bizarre these comparisons are in the end.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

ye I completely disagree with the Yaris M1 comparison, other than that I agree with the rest.

·
Registered
523 Posts

I could definately say that the Yaris-ness is in the roofline and the way the windows are styled, otherwise, looks Chinese.
Is it just me or does the rear end and interior remind me of the Chevrolet version of the Daewoo Matiz?

·
Registered
305 Posts

KiwiGuy, the Faira lineup was going to be a new series of small cars from Chery - they debuted these cars last year at the Beijing show. I actually saw this droptop at the Shenzhen auto show last June, it is an amazingly cute little car that looks better up close and personal compared to the picture. The M1 was also going to be a Faira as well...............other models in the lineup included a micro car (3 door hatch), a small sedan and a small SUV. Look thru the earlier pages of this thread, you can see pics of all the Faira concepts. You'll ALSO notice that the M1 was ORIGINALLY rumored to be the new QQ2, then it became a Faira, now it's a Riich. I kind of liked the Faira idea, and several of the concepts are REALLY great (the droptop in particular). I hope Chery/Riich puts some of these small cars into production alongside the M1, they would be fresh designs and nice additions to the small car market here in China - and elsewhere too!:thumb:

·
Registered
523 Posts

I agree. The droptop is better than most other small convertibles ie Daihatsu Copen, Nissan Micra C+C etc. That picture I posted said it was from the 2009 Bangkok Auto Show, though. I probably should have mentioned that.

·
Registered
62 Posts

It seems that up to now only the Riich M1 is on the market.
What about the other variants like the Riich M5 and Riich X1?

81 - 100 of 140 Posts