China Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: Riich M1, M5, X1 (future QQ)

First impressions for me.............better than the prototype pics I saw last year. Nice to see similar interior designs carried over from the M1 - it is simple, uncluttered and works for me. Would I ever buy it? NO - and it has nothing to do with design or appearance. As I recall, Chery has been promoting the Riich lineup of cars as economical, small cars - but with many of the upscale features you would want from more expensive cars. ABS, EBD, airbags, CD/MP3......all there, I know that. HOWEVER, Chery seems to think it is ok to give us a BENCH REAR SEAT in the new X1.........how STUPID and IDIOTIC is that????????:eek: Follow my logic here - I can get a split rear seat in the QQ3, QQ6 and the A1 - all small subcompacts that cost less then the new X1. I LOVE the idea of the X1 - a "micro" SUV for lack of a better term (hmmmmm.....maybe a new new subcategory for this: the MSUV). The very NAME "SUV" (Sport Utility Vehicle) infers flexibility - the ability to carry people, cargo or a mix of both. BUT............Riich won't give me that choice because of the bench rear seat - in a vehicle that by it's very nature NEEDS to give me that choice! Sure, I can put down the seat and have room for lots of things - and now I'm limited to 2 passengers. Come on Chery (Riich) - if you can give us this choice in cars that cost 10-20,000 rmb LESS than the X1, then you can do it here. The MSUV is a GREAT idea - let's hope more companies will catch on and see how popular this concept could be. The X1 is a good start, but it still needs work to fulfill it's potential (a AMT version, maybe a AWD version would be nice). In the mean time, I'll go do down the street to the Suzuki dealership and get my hands on the new WagonR when it's here next year......much more flexibility (I can fold the front/rear seats down flat in the WagonR and SLEEP in it if I want), nice design, a CVT version will be available......and right in the same price range as the X1 (the current model is 50-60,000rmb depending on options). Once again, another great IDEA from Chery/Riich - but not a great car........................yet.:nod:

·
Registered
515 Posts
In my opinion this model range has a one of biggest potential for success on europe market ... I like station wagon X1 version but it hasn´t 4wd available :-(

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ya see that blue Suzuki Sport sedan back there? I really much prefer the cool bodystyle of that car. Though this one is a decent effort.

Wait just a minute-that's a Suzuki SX-4. I love that crossover!

Suzuki SX-4 crossover

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will the Riich M2 be available with the 1.3 Acteco with 84 hp?
AFAIK, the car will only be available with a 1.0 Acteco engine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the styling of the M5 because it is originally and looks funky and cool.
The M2 looks a little bit boring, especially from the rear.
When will these two cars hit the market?

101 - 120 of 140 Posts