China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought the styling updates, though minor, made it look much better; more luxurious. A more in-depth restyle would defeat the purpose of spending all these money to buy the design from the British, yeah?

Definitely reminds me of a Jaguar, which is good. More curves to the side of the body would be nice, especially the wheel wells.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Whereabouts, Raul, I assume that is China? Thanks for posting them? They look similar to the earlier photos in Germany and the UK this year.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes they are supposed to be in China; this following one is supposed to be in Europe but appears to have been modified just a little - I suspect by SAIC!

SAIC W161

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
ITS SCREAMING PHOTOSHOP !

now they are FAKING articles too ?!
the stripes are so un-natural so is the blur on the edges of the car , this camera captures high speed images .. so its so unnatural to see blur in such a photo ! the surrondings aren't even blurred ! I am no camera expert but I am a Photoshop one :p

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Shanghai W161 and W162

No not photoshopped. I just got confirmation that this car, and also this one is the Shanghai W161 or W162 (the difference is the engine, 4 or 6 cylinders), to be ready at the end of 2006 (when Shanghai is still on schedule). The W 261 will appear in 2007, but there are no body portotypes yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Difficult to know what to think - the chequering is obviously to mislead, but that is a wierd looking car! The waistline up does not tie in with the size of the waistline down. The glass area is too small! I can see old 75/ZT styling in there, the slope of the roofline over the glass and the sill trim.

But, what with the snow and given that it is only now into Winter in the Northern Hemisphere, am I right in thinking either this was done sometime ago, or is it testing in some far nothern Russian/Chinese area recently?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
w 161

Yes Martin, I agree, strange photos. Is it possible that the real waistline is lower, and they diminished the windows? Or maybe the photo is taken from a low angle.
And then the snow. Maybe the photo is taken in the late spring in Northern Skandinavia or Heilongjiang?
And then the license number: DX08XZV. Note the resemblance with
BX06AZV, the license number on the Rover 75 we saw before.
As an Englishman, can you say something about these licenses?
Maybe I am fooled?

·
Registered
469 Posts
The last photo looks like a photoshop of a real photo as well to me. I think the real car was the W161, I don't know if the car we can see will be a real car or not!

The license plate DX08XZV is a UK license plate but will not exist until the year 2008, BX indicates birmigham (where all the MG-Rover factory cars where registered and is easy to photoshop to DX. 08 is the year and XZV are just random leters but easily photoshoped from BX06AZV (just copy the X from BX across onto AZV). BX06AZV is a real car and actually registered as a Rover 75.

Interesting picture though, I wonder if it is the W261 :confused:.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think it is very likely they are produced by SAIC or Recardo2010 as it must be someone who had access to the original photos and will have taken a fair bit of effort to get them looking that good.

But if they are W161 or W162 then what are the cars in the pictures in the first post of this thread? Those are definitely Rover 75 with a different design of the bumpers. :confused:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree - Those cars in the first post are for next year and your car is for the Shanghai Auto Show :)

http://www.xhby.net/xhby/content/2006-04/06/content_1215009.htm

"Shanghai Automobile brand products are pursuing independent system of "comprehensive flowering." Yesterday, the "Daily Economic News" from the Shanghai Automobile vehicle suppliers Department was informed that following the high-end products, Luo fu, 75, the Shanghai Automobile is the secret research and development section Zhongjiche codenamed W261. In addition, the Shanghai Automobile Group Two Dragons, and other products are also being secretly developed Chairman.

It is learnt that the type of products is codenamed W261 Shanghai Automobile commissioned British Lika more companies develop new models, the current design model has been created completed. A total of W261 2.5L and 1.8T two reductions, including on Luxury, comfort-based, five cars.

According to the supplier revealed that from the viewpoint positioning, type car than Luo fu 75, the Shanghai Automobile Group vehicles will be the main competitors as collectible cars Mazda 3, Ford Fox, Polaris, King Cheng and other products. This new development model will be listed in overseas markets respectively.

In addition, the Shanghai Automobile Group will be launched at the end of this year, one-brand cars, is based on Luo fu 75 platform, currently code-named W161 and W162 internal respectively 1.8L and 2.5L 2 reductions.
According to the Shanghai Automobile sources, the first independent brands, luxury cars to the line will be listed at home and abroad simultaneously. Mazda 6 for its main competitor, selling, and other high-ranking tycoon car pricing at 20 million, a total of five models to choose from. "

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does this make things any clearer? :

http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2006-10-09/0758220002.shtml

""SAIC is the vehicle appeared on the Internet after 2 products following the W161, W261 internal code. "SAIC auto market and the public, Mr Wong said : 610041.

Reporters also have to collect comprehensive information about the Internet, to capture the "new new car" tracks. W161 is a platform for it in the car, belonging to the former Rover 75 platform for the Second Development ;W261 upgrade comes from the second platform has been in secret development before, is a new development platform called the essence of fusion to achieve European standards.

Pictures from the Internet emerges as a spy, a new car packages were down and some do not see the details. It shows that the overall shape is very atmospheric, it is quite appealing. Camouflage style with SAIC is the same as the first vehicle W161, and W161 not only the tail of the same.

In this regard, Huang Huaqiong said, "This car and W161, it comes from a brand new product platform. " "

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
the new 75 looks as good as the old one in my opinion. i hope SAIC look at getting this Coupe concept in to production aswell.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think that belongs to Nanjing MG, not SAIC, together with the MG TF Coupe which Nanjing MG will almost certainly be making :)

PS. Welcome to the forum :thumb:

21 - 40 of 111 Posts