China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking at the spy-photos for what could be Roewe cars in testing, I was wondering what kind of line-up would you like to see from Roewe?

For me, for the Roewe 750/750E, I would like to see a coupe version, maybe influenced by this rover 75 coupe concept ( http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?rover75coupef.htm ), and a hard-top convertible version just like the volvo c70 or bmw 3-series hardtop!

Also, an SUV would definitely need to be in the lineup, maybe call it the roewe 900, it'd be a crossover like the lexus rx, or infiniti fx.

For the smaller cars, I think a smaller sedan(saloon) like say a roewe 550 would accompany the 750 well, and for the european markets, a hot-hatch, like say the roewe 250 which is under development thought imo 350 would be a better number, and it should stay in europe as hatches would kind of degrade the elegance of the brand.

Roadsters would be great, and will probably be developed in a later stage but a roewe 350 roadster would be great! (Am thinking along the lines of similar to lexus sc430)

and thats almost it from me! Just one vision? D'you think in future, Saic will develop Roewe to the stage they can have an f1 team? Realistically, chances are low, but would be great to see it happen! Even more visionary, I would like to see Lenovo be an automaker, and a yacht maker! Yeah, Roewe branded yachts would be great lol!

·
Registered
325 Posts
A small coupe to rival the MGTF would be great.

They could build it for peanuts and with a proper design team behind it, it would kill anything Geely/Dongfeng could produce.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Leon_Ville said:
After looking at the spy-photos for what could be Roewe cars in testing, I was wondering what kind of line-up would you like to see from Roewe?

For me, for the Roewe 750/750E, I would like to see a coupe version, maybe influenced by this rover 75 coupe concept ( http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?rover75coupef.htm ), and a hard-top convertible version just like the volvo c70 or bmw 3-series hardtop!

Also, an SUV would definitely need to be in the lineup, maybe call it the roewe 900, it'd be a crossover like the lexus rx, or infiniti fx.

For the smaller cars, I think a smaller sedan(saloon) like say a roewe 550 would accompany the 750 well, and for the european markets, a hot-hatch, like say the roewe 250 which is under development thought imo 350 would be a better number, and it should stay in europe as hatches would kind of degrade the elegance of the brand.

Roadsters would be great, and will probably be developed in a later stage but a roewe 350 roadster would be great! (Am thinking along the lines of similar to lexus sc430)

and thats almost it from me! Just one vision? D'you think in future, Saic will develop Roewe to the stage they can have an f1 team? Realistically, chances are low, but would be great to see it happen! Even more visionary, I would like to see Lenovo be an automaker, and a yacht maker! Yeah, Roewe branded yachts would be great lol!
Yes, yes, and yes. Maybe not the F1 team, possibly Nascar (in 20 years).

·
Registered
249 Posts
NAC are getting the Coupe version of the MG 7 close to production now. Given that this market isn't massive then I'd be concerned if both Roewe and MG tried to make this model. One would be okay, but two would make no sense at all.

A Roewe TF type of car would be interesting but it would need to be able to crack the UK and US market. It's very niche and going head to head with Mazda and MG would seem a scary move for someone like Renault never mind Roewe. These 2 brands dominate this sector tradionally and have strong histories in this market. Poor old Honda can't get a look in with the S2000 and that's a wonderfull car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts