China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
nzsaab, man, the new Saab 9-5 is one handsome sedan. It really is. I will be coming back here to learn of new developments. That car looks as sharp as a tack. Doesn't matter to me if they're late to the game with pushbutton start, either.

·
Registered
706 Posts
And yes, nzsaab, those are some seriously sexy tailpipes on the 2010 Saab 9-5! Whew, in fact, the entire rear end looks rather masterfully done. The more I look at that front end with the angling lower side treatment the more I like it, too. Makes me wonder how this sedan might look in my favorite car color, red.

Yes, I'm now hooked on this thread and eagerly await updates on the 2010 Saab 9-5!

Three more things I like about this design: the nice wheels, compare them to my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS' wheels shown on my Lancer GTS below, and the front turn signal indicators on the 2010 Saab 9-5, in amber color. Now those are cool looking, too. And also the small black open spot on the very inside of the headlights, by the grille centerpiece. Very nicely done. This car is hot and I have added it to my watch list. It did have to grow on me for just a while, however I think this design will catch people's eyes at Frankfurt upon first glance. It has a strong hint of Audi in it's design, and for me, that is a good thing.

Looking at the 2010 Saab 9-5 photos as a whole, this is a great car to buy in silver. Looks magnificent on this car. By George, I think I'm getting hooked on the Saab 9-5, nzsaab!

And hopefully Saab will list U.S. prices at the Frankfurt Auto Show. And nzsaab, it appears to say Turbo on that right side emblem on there...so it's got a 300hp turbo V6 then, eh?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Unfortunately we have not adopted the diesel's here in the States because of our strict environmental pollution rules, however, I will watch that because it could be changing or have already changed.

Yes, I would want the V6 turbo or the twin turbo diesel on the Aero. A 4-cyl would not seem to be enough power to move this car effectively, however, I am very 4-cyl friendly in cars I buy. In fact, the last time I had a bigger engine was in my '73 Plymouth Gold Duster. That car had a slant-6 cyl. engine in it.

I'll be coming back here regularly to learn more. Thanks for the freshen-ups, nzsaab!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Cool...a separate HVAC console box for rear passengers. If that's for separate music for the passengers in back with their own speakers, I see a potential conflict there, huh? Especially with how loud I listen to my tunes!

Perhaps one of those plug-ins is for headphones...that would solve that problem.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Hey, nzsaab, I just came upon another little design detail that's cool about the new 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero. Check out the wheel hubcenters. There's the tiny blue and red Saab colors in there. Only really small, so it doesn't deter from the overall look of silver-ish-ness that really looks hot to trot on this car, might I add.

To say I wasn't interested in this car would be oh-so-naughty.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'd pick the Saab's interior hands down because I think it would hold up better over time. My wife and I and 2 Pomeranians and one Chow Chow, although the dogs wouldn't go with us very often at all, would pepper up that BMW interior and it would look nasty within about 3 months. The 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero's interior looks like it would work out much better for us.

As to the exterior it's an easy victory for Saab and their 9-5 here as well. That headlamp cluster looks way more attractive than BMW's 5 Series does.

·
Registered
706 Posts
nzsaab-I have indeed confirmed your Saab news concerning Koenigsegg pulling out of the deal to buy Saab from GM. GM officials are saying they're not giving up hope. Ouch.

·
Registered
706 Posts
KiwiGuy, thanks for that explanation. I needed a bit of a news report for Saab to sort of put all of these changes for the Swedish automaker in to a current frame. I appreciate it. I do believe the Saab 9-5 Aero would look nice in my driveway but unless Barack can offer a rebate on it (see what happens when our U.S. domestic automakers get handed blank checks) I'm thinking it just plain costs too much. Plus, I love my wife and I's '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS so much it would pain me to leave it.

I just love discovering new rigs, though, and the new 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero looks fantastic to me. I don't know, there may still be a way for us to do dis.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'll give you my take, nzsaab. I hope the Spyker deal goes through, too, because I'd also like to see at least the 9-5 Aero built, man. Let's hope for the best, GM's self-imposed deadline is the end of Dec.2009 to get this done.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts