China Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Windy said:
The new ZS will come fitted with a real MG badge. And I think yours will be made in Longbridge England! Can you wait until 2008?
i for one definately cant wait. i will start saving now for my 5Z!

i agree with you mgrovernut, i for one would love to see a modern day Triumph range

·
Registered
832 Posts
Windy said:
The car will be called the RongWei (Wrong Way?) and the brand the Roewe.
No Windy I think the article means its pronounced Rong Wei but spelt Roewe.

If prounouncing Roewe like a German (no racism intended) it would be Roe Ve which sounds an awfully close to Rover :D which would have been better ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Great to tell your friends " I'm driving the Rong Wei(Wrong Way) 750s". It happened to me a week ago I thought I was driving north on a road when I was actually going south, didn't figure it out and make a U-turn until 20km later.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i think they should ditch the classic western style logo, and western style cars, they should put like chinese characters into the logo like zhonghua and put more asian or chinese taste to the design and try to form their own identity.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey could have been worse, they could have tried to create a name that sounds similar to Rover and called it Rollover.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Is Nanjing MG going to build a similar car? It's going to be like the Chery QQ and SAIC-GM chevy spark. 2 different companies making the same car.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Way to go SAIC ! This is a reasonably good looking car and a good first attempt in luxury car market. The name (Rong Wei) isn't a big problem, I don't see how a name could scare anyone away.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
it would in the UK. it was hard enough for Rover to sell cars before, but with that name.......

·
Registered
481 Posts
Names aren't really a matter if the car is already good , Kia used to sell a car here called SHUMA, which means in arabic " A Wooden Stick With Nails on It "

lol and it sold alot , alot of cars names sound funny if ur an arabic speaking person but no one really cares .

GeelyS CK ( Cee Kee ) is an egyptian accent nickname of something Fragile and Crappy !

Bently = " A Girl For me " In arabic :p

so its not really an issue if the car has enough quality , I have never in my life seen a rover or mgs .. they are not available here , the only british cars we have here are Jaguars S-type - X-type and a few XKRs , and they are not selling very well thanks to Mercedes , BMW and Chrysler , who are dominating the luxury salons market here .

and in my whole 22 years here , I only saw one IMPORTED Aston Maartin DB9 ( The one in NFS :MW ) .

heh , British companies should sell better man , I love thier cars .

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think your image enlargment software has turned a 6 into an 8! If you look at the individual pixels in the original image then there is not enough detail to be able to tell which it was, a reflection in the wrong place may easily have confused your enlargement.

As far as I am aware SAIC don't have a V8?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hmmm... All I did was simply strech out that particular section. I think it actually is an 8 done to simply confuse photographers taking photos of the vehicle before it was actually revealed, or atleast thats the only possible logical reason that I could come up with.

:shrug:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts