China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R is new brand by SAIC wich will be specialized in electric vehicles. Their first product is ES33 concept. The car is equiped with R-TECH technology using 33 sensors for autonomous driving. It also uses 5G technology to communicate with other vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice post! This car will actually be R's third car though! The first car under the R brand is a mid-tier sedan and the second is a luxury SUV. See the pics below!

I visited their showroom a few days ago to test drive the Marvel R and I was very impressed by it's interior and features. The sedan is not so impressive, but it's more of an entry-level EV and its range is quite nice for its price: 620 km NEDC starting at 21,000 Euros.

I am going back to the showroom this week to take some video and I will be posting a full video review and commentary on my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCQh3W6tskQZodOgidpZwerQ

I will also be preparing to make a entry-level luxury SUV shootout comparison with the Marvel R and other cars in a similar class (BYD Tang AWD, Nio ES6, Aion LX, VW ID.4 AWD, Tesla Y, etc.) but I will be taking votes on which cars to compare it to, so be sure to vote at the end of the Marvel R video for the car you want me to do the comparison on! 1616310427706.png 1616310487677.png

R is new brand by SAIC wich will be specialized in electric vehicles. Their first product is ES33 concept. The car is equiped with R-TECH technology using 33 sensors for autonomous driving. It also uses 5G technology to communicate with other vehicles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It actually looks nice! If anyone told me that a Chinese car would look so good 10 years ago I'd think they were mad but here we are!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It actually looks nice! If anyone told me that a Chinese car would look so good 10 years ago I'd think they were mad but here we are!
Haha, agreed! In fact, I wouldn't have even considered buying a Chinese car not even 5 years ago, but things have changed a lot and my confidence in their products has improved substantially. I think it's mostly because they have worked so closely with international companies in the past, because they are hiring more international staff for design (I believe that R's head designer came from Audi/VW), and because the local market is becoming so competitive that they simply have to up their game just to stay ahead of the local companies, much less the international ones!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haha, agreed! In fact, I wouldn't have even considered buying a Chinese car not even 5 years ago, but things have changed a lot and my confidence in their products has improved substantially. I think it's mostly because they have worked so closely with international companies in the past, because they are hiring more international staff for design (I believe that R's head designer came from Audi/VW), and because the local market is becoming so competitive that they simply have to up their game just to stay ahead of the local companies, much less the international ones!
infact, MG is really successful in India.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah, I see.... I think the Marvel R is a step in the right direction for the brand, since it's both high-end compared to the rest of their offerings, and it's pretty quick. The HP figure doesn't boil the blood by any means, but the torque figures are quite impressive and the 0-100 is very respectable. I hope to get one on a closed track here in China so I can see how it handles at limit =D

infact, MG is really successful in India.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts