China Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something I found in Shanghai last week, a Sanxing made Mitsubishi Spacewagon. This is the 2nd one I have found with no sanxing badging on the exterior. I went to Zhanjiang recently and am sad to say the factory is 99% gone, I will post some pictures later. I can only attach pictures one by one so please check the link for many more of this car!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1473407679358246&id=828766597155694

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw one in 2015 in Wuhan :

We can creat a section for this kind of company, mainly based in Guangdong and working in 1990's as Sanxing, Yunbao, Fengshen Guangtong, Wanli, etc ... ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi Naviato84,
You are right, there is an important story to be told about the life of Zhanjiang Sanxing, and others, operating in the heart of the thriving auto smuggling trade, before Beijing brought it all to a halt, with an anti-smuggling campaign starting in 1998.
Zhangjiang is a town just north of Hainan Island, on the long Guangdong coast in southeastern China. It was a gateway for the early illegal importation, and knockdown assembly of foreign cars.
This story, along with the story of PLA involvement in auto production and sales, are some key milestones in China's auto industry development.
Besides what has been written here at China Car Forums, Tycho de Feijter of www.carnewschina.com has written at length about the events that took place in this part of China starting in the late 80s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts