China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I recently discovered this forum,and I am slightly unsure if many on this forum are manufacturer representatives or only fans and haters of Chinese cars.

In any case here is what I am searching for and perhaps someone can help me out.

Our company is interested in purchasing a simple 2 or 4 passenger car that could be exported in a complet knock down version and reassembled in a low tech factory environment for developing nations.

We are looking for a concept very similar to the MICRO concept presently in Sri Lanka,and would prefer to use simple composite panels and easily reproduced or assembled frames.

The vehicle could be FF but we would probably prefer FR power train and any Diesel options would be greatly considered.

Engine size and weight is a consideration and any small simple design Diesel would be considered above all.Power needs at present do not exceed 40BHP.

A simple gearbox design of 4 or 5 speeds,utilizing a robust construction is prefered over any automatic offerings.

If anyone has any direct knowledge of vehicle types fitting this descrition please let me know directly via PM or to my direct email at [email protected]

Any questions would be answered directly vs on this form.

Best regards

Paulo Nunes

·
Registered
121 Posts
MFM International said:
Our company is interested in purchasing a simple 2 or 4 passenger car that could be exported in a complet knock down version and reassembled in a low tech factory environment for developing nations.

We are looking for a concept very similar to the MICRO concept presently in Sri Lanka,and would prefer to use simple composite panels and easily reproduced or assembled frames.

The vehicle could be FF but we would probably prefer FR power train and any Diesel options would be greatly considered.

Engine size and weight is a consideration and any small simple design Diesel would be considered above all.Power needs at present do not exceed 40BHP.

A simple gearbox design of 4 or 5 speeds,utilizing a robust construction is prefered over any automatic offerings.
this looks like something we tried to do for our market (the philippines). there are several chinese carmakers who can do ckd kits, those we have approached-geely, chery, FAW, & hafei have all indicated that they can ship in ckd form. the only drawback is-how low-tech is your proposed assembly operation? the ckd kits from these carmakers would need some investment in jigs, spot welders, etc. unless you import the bodies complete (skd). there are no models in china w/small diesel engines. there are plenty of 3-cylinder gasoline engines below 1,000cc displacement. i don't know if price is a big consideration in your project, but we established a price threshold, & only one of the manufacturers met it. unfortunately, the quality of their product was so inferior, that rectification on the local level took the product above the threshold. so we are still looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys

thanks for the welcome!!

Chinoy 54,thanks for the reply,would you be able to supply additional information on your proposed plan that did not work out via Private Message

As chinoy 54 mentioned,SKD would be a very viable option for us,where we would import body chassis in a mainly complete format.

Simplicity is key,and ease of assembly is a prime consideration.

We would be very willing to look at complete vehicles minus any running gear.

Vehicle along the lines of the Smart (in terms of size and weight) ,or small capacity trucks would also be prime considerations.

Looking forward to any replies

Best regards

Paulo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts