China Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Wuzheng at New York International Auto Show

Please stop by & visit us at the New York International Auto Show, April 6th thru the 15th, at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC!

·
Registered
32 Posts
WuzhengNA said:
Score? How do you mean, sales volume? Prior to EPA/DOT/NHTSA approval, we had a sales goal in mind for 2007. We have already surpassed that figure for 2007, and it is still 2006! Our figure was where we felt comfortable knowing that there WILL be issues, there WILL be problems - we want sales, but not so many that we cannot thoroughly follow up with the customer, get feedback, make changes.

It is incomprehensible to us when we read about Malcom bringing in 50,000 units in year one. Not that it can't be done, we feel it SHOULDN"T be done. Only sell what you can thoroughly service. This strategy will either work, or it won't. We believe it is correct.

Our main concern is/will continue to be the following; Parts availability, service, availability of parts, customer feedback, parts warehousing, growth control, parts, service, parts, and parts.

There have been failures in this sector, and, in my opinion, the failures were due not so much because of quality issues, but when something breaks/goes wrong (As there is no doubt, something WILL be wrong, something WILL break) we have to be able to fix/replace/repair it immediately. We warehouse 10% parts, which is 50 times average. We don't see it staying at this level forever, but it is cheap insurance.

Today, one of the users of this forum test-drove one of our trucks because he may become a distributorship. As always, the main concern and topic of conversation was service & parts. At $19,000 per truck, it is basically a throw-away tool, but it still needs service.

Ask anything.

thanks a lot, that is great to hear.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Wuzheng Trucks Now With Cummins, Allison

Wuzheng North America has finalized arrangements to offer its Series 5 and Series 6 trucks with Cummins Engines, as well as Allison Transmissions.

Available immediately as an option, both series of trucks can be delivered with the Cummins 5.9 TurboDiesel / Intercooled engines with an output of 210 horsepower. This is a proven, established engine design that has stood the test of time. Properly maintained, it is considered a "million-mile engine".

Also available in conjunction with the Cummins Engine is the Allison 6-speed automatic transmission (1000 series). Allison, a proven manufacturer of heavy-duty transmissions, stands above all in the commercial vehicle transmission category.

Wuzheng North America has added these options at the request of its distributors, who felt that these options would remove the single most perceived concerns of potential buyers - reliability.

Standard engines for the Series 5 and Series 6, manufactured by Yunnei and Weifang Tianhe respectively, have proven reliable thus far in long-term use. However, Wuzheng NA was advised that some commercial buyers simply will not purchase vehicles (especially for fleets) unless they are intimately familiar with the drivetrain.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Wuzheng North America - Changing Gears

One of the more positive aspects of running a small, lean, progressive company such as Wuzheng North America, LTD., is the ability to immediately adjust, modify, or change direction when the situation dictates.

For the past two years, we have quietly, slowly, correctly, obtained exclusivity agreements with three Chinese Automotive manufacturers. We have developed vehicles to fill a market need in North America. We have worked side by side with the US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) to be sure every "i" is dotted, every "t" is crossed, so we may have a valid, certified, needed vehicle to offer for sale in the USA.

The preliminary work above was completed in December of 2006 using no outside funds, no investors, no "pre-sales" of distributors/dealers, etc. We are exceptionally proud of our accomplishments, and, as important, the method in which we obtained them.

When beginning this venture, we had assumed that the above would be the monumental task, the "hard part", if you will, and that finding qualified distributors/dealers would then be easy part.

Wow, were we wrong!

The certification progress on the vehicles we import was daunting, exhaustive, expensive, and trying. It was also relatively strait forward, as an item either passes certification testing or it does not. If it passes, great, if it does not, you do what is necessary to modify parameters to gain certification. It is truly black or white, yes or no.

Excited as we were to have the first Chinese-manufactured vehicle available in the USA, we were eager to show off our first boat-load of vehicles to those we considered potential dealers. Wuzheng NA has NEVER solicited dealers/distributors, only responding to those who contacted us or were referred to us by others.

We have been pleased with the response we have received from these vehicles. Reviewing the features available as standard as well as a $19,500 retail price tag ($15k Wholesale), there simply is no comparable vehicle in the USA. Period. Those that have driven the finished product are unanimous - this will sell, and sell in reasonable numbers.

(NOTE: I have personally sold more than 10 of these units by accident, when parking at my local Lowes Home Improvement store while shopping!)

Our concern arose as follows - Our location in Easton PA (a 100,000 sq ft final manufacturing facility) is not designed for retail sales. We never had, nor do we have now, any intention of selling these direct to consumers; we wish to forward vehicles in bulk to regional distributors and/or dealers. A significant number of qualified, ready, willing and able distributors have thus far eluded us.

The "willing" part has been easy - everyone who drives this truck wants one, and wants to sell them. However, we simply will not allow someone to become a "distributor" selling these out of their home garage. We have no fewer than 100 contacts who wish to go this or a similar route.

We actually have a large number of "qualified" and "able" contacts, none of which ever seem to be "ready" or "willing". We have, in fact, modified our Reseller Agreement to address these "the check is in the mail, I'll call back next week" crowd, by putting a time-limit on acceptance of the agreement.

It has been a frustrating experience for us, these last 12 weeks. Although it has been a true pleasure, as well as a learning experience, to meet so many people who are interested in this venture, the bottom line is this; we have spent enormous amounts of time, energy, and money traveling the US to meet with potential distributors/dealers with few positive results. This brings us back to the first line we wrote above, addressing the ability to adapt when the situation dictates.

First, Wuzheng North America LTD. has officially rescinded its acceptance to an invitation to attend the New York International Auto Show. The reasons are as follows;

• We cannot show a vehicle that does not have coast to coast coverage for sales, parts, service, parts, and parts.
  • We have come this far due to methodical hard work – the auto show, although exceptionally exciting in theory, would be premature
  • The $100,000+ required to attend, as well as the 10 days involved, can be better spent elsewhere – such as in our search for qualified distributors.

Second, Wuzheng North America, LTD. hereby states the bare-minimum to become an authorized Wuzheng Distributor;

• There is no charge for a territory – territory will be determined at Wuzheng NA’s discretion
  • Minimum of 10 vehicles ordered and paid for with signing of Reseller Agreement
  • Potential distributor must be "qualified, ready, willing and able"
  • Equity positions available to established Resellers only

Third, Multiple changes, modifications, option suggestions have been made, 90% of which from potential distributors that have never committed to becoming a distributor! Wuzheng North America LTD. has previously announced generally and/or informed individually of acceptance of certain changes. We wish to clarify these as follows;

• Cummins Engine – The standard 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel in the Series 5 truck (as well as the 6 cylinder for the series 6) has been tested, refined, and finalized. This 4-cylinder engine is a US-only engine, rated at 125HP and 240 ft/lbs of torque. The numbers don’t seem that impressive – all I can say is, once you drive it, you will realize that it is more than enough. We will continue to offer the Cummins 5.9 engine – but at a mark-up of $8000.
  • Allison Transmission - We will no longer offer the Allison transmission.
  • Automatic Transmission – There is no longer any plan to install automatic transmissions in these vehicles in the immediate future (2007)
  • Colors – Trucks come in Blue and White only.
  • Air Conditioning – Vehicles do not now, nor will they in the immediate future be available with air conditioning.
  • Miscellaneous – Truck do not now, nor will they in the immediate future come with leather seats, CD player, navigation system, air bags, electric windows, moon roofs, cruise control, carbon-fiber trim, change holders, electric mirrors, convertible top, automatic antennae, aluminum rims, cruise missiles, or chrome trim.

Fourth, As stated previously, we will not sell individual vehicles to end users directly from our Easton facility. However, we understand the reluctance of potential distributors in committing to ten vehicles prior to fully testing an example. Therefore, to those interested in acquiring a territory, we will sell one fully US-ready vehicle for testing/demonstration. This vehicle will be fully ready-to-title, with Certificate of Origin, and will be priced at retail. (Price will be refunded on execution of Reseller Agreement and return of un-titled vehicle)

Fifth, Time, patience (and money) have brought us to where we are today, a company with valuable exclusives to three Chinese automotive brands. These exclusive agreements are strong, and are not going anywhere. We have government approvals and certifications. We have no debt, no investors, no one who has paid up-front for a territory. We are returning to what got us here – a slow, methodical, purposeful progression, with the end result to be the marketing and sale of a simple, good, quality tool – diesel work trucks. The responsibility and blame for our recent stray from the course is fully my own.

Sixth, Wuzheng North America LTD. has been offered a very substantial state grant for continued operations, infrastructure, training, etc. Almost simultaneously, we have been approached by a nation-wide group of automotive dealers interested in this project. Although the outcome is of course uncertain, we are now in a position to prepare the means for this project to be enormously successful, more specifically the parts, sales, service, parts, and parts divisions. Did we mention parts also?

I strongly believe in these vehicles. I just as strongly believe that, without an iron-clad service and parts network, as well as a qualified, motivated distributor network, this venture will not succeed.

Being the size that we are, we are able to immediately address issues of concern, and change or modify course when needed. However, being this size also allows us to see our limitations; we continue our search for qualified individuals who wish to be part of this venture.

I thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When will Wuzheng impact the American market?

Hello all from over the pond!
My name is Ken and I have been in the Commercial Truck Business for over ten years now. It looks to me that the trucks are over here already?
1) How are sales so far? Numbers last year?
2) How hard or how much to get started?
It looks like you get alot of truck for around $20,000 Dollars American!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry didn't notice the truck forum area. I read most of what I needed from the threads in this area. From what I read it looks like the trucks haven't been sold to end users yet???? If there is ever a truck in the greater Cleveland area I have contacts with most of the commercial dealers and many end users in this area. Between the two I am very sure one of the Dealers in this area would go for 10 units.:thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Blue Dragon said:
Hello all from over the pond!
My name is Ken and I have been in the Commercial Truck Business for over ten years now. It looks to me that the trucks are over here already?
1) How are sales so far? Numbers last year?
2) How hard or how much to get started?
It looks like you get alot of truck for around $20,000 Dollars American!
They are here, Ken. Our largest obstacle thus far has been finding qualified distributors. Everyone who sees the vehicles wants a part of this, few have shown the ability to do so. ($$$$$$)

Feel free to email me at mjp at wuzheng dot com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wuzheng trucks

Hi, Does anyone know of someone who actually has a Wuzheng truck from WuzhengNA or a distributors phone number or contact besides WuzhengNA? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help...Does anyone know what happened to WuzhengNA

Does anyone know if WuzhengNA is still doing business? Considering they were so successful?? Website is gone and I can't get hold of anyone....Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am 100% sure they are still in business - I noticed their website said they were going to redesign it again last time I checked (a few days ago)

Try again on monday, perhaps they are not working weekends ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Scott, please go away

coalbiz said:
Does anyone know if WuzhengNA is still doing business? Considering they were so successful?? Website is gone and I can't get hold of anyone....Thanks

Scott / Brett C - Website is down because we are updating & upgrading our line - but you knew that because I emailed & told you.

I have not replied to your emails because you do not have the money to obtain a distributorship, you know this, I know this, and we are not in a position to "let's make a deal" a distributorship for you.

If you have the ability to move forward, contact me. Otherwise?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mike - My pleasure

To WuzhengNA: Mike, C'mon I do have the money and you know that from my last emails. You also are aware that I have financial institutes available to finance them or lease them to end-users!The deal would have been done but YOU kept CHANGING the requirements,you know that. You also did not answer simple questions like " can I talk to an end-user or another distributor?" both reasonable requests that I asked for several times without you acknowledging them. The website was suppose to be down for 5 days not weeks. Thats fine if you don't want me as a distrbutor but telling everyone I don't have the funds is purely false ecspecially after our latest communications which you ended abruptly after those couple requests. Be Completely Honest with youself and others. Good luck and good riddance.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts