China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked out a few Chinese models that I consider to be "internationally competive". PS. What's with the Russian invasion of Shanghai Auto Show?

·
Registered
561 Posts
the only reason why the chinese use russian girls are because they wanted to be more unique. not saying that all chinese girls look the same its just that in china if you want to see a white girl theres like one in a million chance you can actually see one. and the possibility that shes a good looking one is like one in a billion. the streets of shanghai is famous for pretty chinese girls, all the super models and pretty girls move to shanghai just trying to be a super model etc. so since chinese are so used to seeing pretty chinese girl chery decided that a russia model would give a bigger boom in the show.
btw those girls are not bad.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gr8 said:
the only reason why the chinese use russian girls are because they wanted to be more unique.
There is nothing unique about Russian models when they have taken over the Shanghai Auto Show. Some booths, like MG's, consist entirely of Russian models.

the streets of shanghai is famous for pretty chinese girls
I don't hear that from here. Sorry.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to add that I had links to 40 pics, except that I cannot post them because sohu.com and sina.com are using dynamic URL to prevent people from leeching from them. But they are roughly of the quality that I posted above.

·
Registered
325 Posts
gr8 said:
the only reason why the chinese use russian girls are because they wanted to be more unique. not saying that all chinese girls look the same its just that in china if you want to see a white girl theres like one in a million chance you can actually see one. and the possibility that shes a good looking one is like one in a billion. the streets of shanghai is famous for pretty chinese girls, all the super models and pretty girls move to shanghai just trying to be a super model etc. so since chinese are so used to seeing pretty chinese girl chery decided that a russia model would give a bigger boom in the show.
btw those girls are not bad.
I met some sexy girls from Ghana the other day. They were all very nice :nod: :lol:

Mrs. Chinacartimes, did not agree with my opinion though :nono:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
There is nothing unique about Russian models when they have taken over the Shanghai Auto Show. Some booths, like MG's, consist entirely of Russian models.

I don't hear that from here. Sorry.
ahem clicking for images on the internet doesnt get yo anywhere. you know if you want to see pretty girls from shanghai you actually need to go there in person. anyways when i was in shanghai they pretty girls are everywhere if you go to nanjing road and around the harbor.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gr8 said:
looks like chery's models isnt totally russiantized anymore.
That's because I specifically excluded Russian models.

I get like 7 pics out of a hundred that I consider to be "internationally competitive". 90%+ of pics are strictly for Chinese taste only that won't excite foreigners.

·
Registered
31 Posts
let's be blunt. They hire Russion models because they are play at the many Chinese's perception that "foreign" is better than Chinese, by "foreign" i mean white. if they want uniquness, they should hire black models, that will be more "unique".

they only reason to hire Russion is because Russion is the cheapest "white" model they can afford, not because Chinese have any partucularly preference for Russion vs other "white" models.

all over China, you can see third rated caucasion models in car show, housing market etc. some are down right ugly. today, China is a nation in search of itself, uncentain, unsure of who they are and what they really want.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts