China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shanghai Auto is going to build up their own brands.
When these big state-owned corporations enter the race, we'll see some real stuff.:thumb:

In April, the company announced it will spend more than $1.7 billion over the next five years to create its own brand that will be launched sometime in the next couple of months. (The name of the brand has still not been announced although ‘Shanghai'—the name of the brand which SAIC originally manufactured under—is under discussion.) Plans call for developing more than 30 models based on five basic platforms.

And the company says it may export to Europe as early as next year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused: Why we got a China hater here? :confused:

All right, $1.7b is nothing compared to squandering American corporations. Remeber how much the Chinese spend on sending men to outer space? $2.3 in a decade. The number couldn't affort NASA to live for several months.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actuall their success is more like a wish than a prediction to me. If they succeed, we're seeing the Chinese are making a new way of moderization.

Other countries followed 3 stages:
1. work hard using their labors to make some money
2. climb the ladder to make more money by using their brains
3. now they're so rich that they can hire other people and be the boss

If the Chinese succeed, interestingly, we skip stage 2. By having a huge market, we've already got so rich that we can hire the best brains around the world. The news I posted was actually from Business Week, about the news SAIC hiring GM's vice president and many other similiar cases. (Though I'm not allowed to provide the link. Administrator, I have to put the blame on you. :nono: )

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
outofin said:
:confused: Why we got a China hater here? :confused:

All right, $1.7b is nothing compared to squandering American corporations. Remeber how much the Chinese spend on sending men to outer space? $2.3 in a decade. The number couldn't affort NASA to live for several months.
this is so true, Real_i_hate_china, you have to admit to the fact that it might be small change in the auto industry in the North American perspective, but in the chinese perspective, 1.7b is a hell of a lot of money and they can do more things ...maybe 50% more than what the US corps could do with that money in terms of R&D and manual labour

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think they should just use their name, SAIC as their brand name. It sounds pretty good to me.

China_hater is a goddamn moron, don't bother with anything that goddamned idiot says. He's full of shit, and nothing more.

·
Registered
772 Posts
but in the chinese perspective, 1.7b is a hell of a lot of money and they can do more things ...maybe 50% more than what the US corps could do with that money in terms of R&D and manual labour
So 50% more than $340 million = $500 million, still a fraction of what the other companies are spending.

Again, this is not a significant amount.

Japanese had it easy because they were going up against Americans selling unreliable and gas-guzzling monsters in the 70s.

Koreans had it tougher because they were going up against Japanese, who were still mostly econo-box centric at the time of their international market debut in 1985.

Chinese are now going up against Japanese and Koreans, who are offering high-quality cars at a competitive price. Note that not even Koreans are able to lure consumers away from Honda and Toyota, they are gaining market share at the expense of GM, Ford, and 2nd tier Japanese brands.

Happy consumers are brand-royal and stick with proven brands. The fact that Chinese are now going up against Japanese mean they won't be successful in drawing consumers away from Japanese.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wrong. I've been buying Japanese cars for years. As soon as Chinese cars are available in the US, with decent quality and value, I'm buying one.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
BringIt said:
Wrong. I've been buying Japanese cars for years. As soon as Chinese cars are available in the US, with decent quality and value, I'm buying one.
And remember that minorities are growing very fast in North America,

so in 10 years, people wont have that same mentality to just support US products

·
Registered
547 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
And who says those will start buying Chinese cars?
If the price is right I don't see no reason why they wouldn't buy them. People buy Chinese-made consumer products from Wal-Mart and don't complain. In the future they will buy Chinese cars too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
So 50% more than $340 million = $500 million, still a fraction of what the other companies are spending.

Again, this is not a significant amount.
I disagree. In China that is a huge sum of money. With that kind of money Chinese could build a space craft every year.

Real_I_Hate_China said:
Happy consumers are brand-royal and stick with proven brands. The fact that Chinese are now going up against Japanese mean they won't be successful in drawing consumers away from Japanese.
There are many consumers who don't care where the car is made. They are just looking at the price tag. These same people bought the first Japanese and Korean cars.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I disagree. In China that is a huge sum of money.
It is not a huge sum of money even in China. Why? Because R&D equipment cost the same regardless of where you buy them. China has to pay the same amount, if not more, for crash dummies. It cost the same to put a 5 mile test track in China as it does anywhere else. You have to pay the going international rate+premium for foreign talents that currently make up the core of Chinese automaker's R&D.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Um, you're making a lot of (false) assumptions. Land in China is way cheaper than in Japan for example, so is labor. So to build a track in China is much, much cheaper than in Japan.

·
Registered
561 Posts
edge said:
China_hater is a goddamn moron, don't bother with anything that goddamned idiot says. He's full of shit, and nothing more.
hey man, hater has 250 post, without him here we got barley enought stuff to talk about. lol. and yes i do agree that he is a god damn idiot.

·
Registered
135 Posts
gr8 said:
hey man, hater has 250 post, without him here we got barley enought stuff to talk about. lol. and yes i do agree that he is a god damn idiot.
Unfortunately, most of these posts are arguments between hater and other members, which only exist in the general discussions, off topic, and Chery automobile forums. The forums could be significantly improved if hater would make more constructive posts in more forums.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DOS said:
Unfortunally, mmost of the time the post are arguements between hater and other members, and they only exist in the general discusssion, off topic, and Chery automobile forums. It would make the forum a much better place if hater would make more constructive post in more forums.
Use plurals. ;)

hater supports CCF in his own way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts