China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Svw

Sorry to ask you this again but i will need your knowledges about SVW...

I don't really get it about the GOl is it a model which is only sold in China? and made for it?
Just to be sure the Polo Jin QU and Qing are only made for China? because as the polo Sedan has been exported to china i have no idea if they do the same with the new models? some idea about the VW which are exported?

What about the VW Touran is it the same in Europe? because for this one i didn't find any information... Everything was in Chinese....

Do you have some idea about the prices of each models of SVW?

My last question seems a bit difficult but why not? So do you think it would be possible to know how many cars from each models have been sold in China since they are made there?

If you can answer only one question it would already be very nice...

Thanks for your help:thumb:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hello Pierre :D

The Gol originates from VW Brazil and is sold in South America, Russia & Taiwan (where its known as the Pointer) and China.

The Gol when first released in 1980 came with a aircooled engine in the front with front wheel drive, when the watercooled engines debuted in the range they were quite unique as the layout was longitudinal (north-south).

The Polo Jin Qing & Jin Qu have been enhanced for Chinese markets but both hatch and sedan are built outside China albeit with minor exterior enhancements.

The Touran built by SVW is different than the Global model as the Global model receives updates that are done in Germany.

And the SVW Touran engines are a little behind in Emission technology.

Don't have sales or prices availble at this time.

Check the link in my sig ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey phaeton,

Thanks for your help again!!!

But I just need some confirmation for instance for the Polo you said : both polo are built outside of china? but in fact you mean inside in the manufactures of SVW, right?

And for the Gol i found quite weird differences in the prices of the one made in Brazil and the one made in Chine? the one in China is about 2500euro less than the one in Brazil... i really don't think it s due to the workers costs... maybe the technical advances in brazil? what do you think?:confused:

Pierre

·
Registered
48 Posts
POLO JInqing and JInqu are localized for sure...

Price MSRP in RMB listed below ( RMB 7.7=USD 1)

POLO JQ 1.6 AT 119,800
POLO JQ 1.6 MT 106,800
POLO JQ 1.4 AT 113,600
POLO JQ 1.4 MT 100,600
POLO JQ 1.4 AT 105,600
POLO JQ 1.4 MT 90,800
POLO Jin Qu 1.6 AT 133,000
POLO Jin Qu 1.6 MT 120,000
POLO Jin Qu 1.6 MT 109,000
POLO Jin Qu 1.4 AT 115,800
POLO Jin Qu 1.4 MT 102,800
POLO Jin Qu 1.4 MT 92,800

·
Registered
48 Posts
...alll HB NB of POLO, Gol and Touran are built in Anting district, Shanghai... MSRP for Touran in China

1.8 AT 221,800
1.8 AT 213,800
1.8 MT 199,800
2.0 AT 183,800
2.0 MT 169,800

·
Administrator
16,861 Posts
VW has two Joint Ventures in China - with FAW and with Shanghai. In order to make it easirer for users of this forum to know which company produces specific VW model I will present Shanghai-Volkswagen product line.

Santana is based on VW Passat mark 2 (1981–1987) and it's in production since 1984:
http://car.autohome.com.cn/pic/series/149.html

In 1991, the Volkswagen Santana 2000 was put into development with Volkswagen do Brasil and started mass production in 1995. It was replaced by Santana 3000.

·
Registered
67 Posts
All GOL Generations in Brazil :

1st Generation

2nd Generation

3rd and 4th Generation

5th Generation (Current)

·
Registered
67 Posts
And now there are some speculations about the Fifth generation that might come in 2008 :

I kind of like more the current generation o_O

1 - 20 of 27 Posts