China Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Guangdong Greenwheel New Energy Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd. has been granted the 14th EV production license under the new rules for their new EV project in Gaoming Dt., Foshan, Guangdong.

The official declaration: http://www.ndrc.gov.cn/zcfb/zcfbqt/201705/t20170518_847755.html

Note that these "new rule" EV licenses are granted only to new projects (greenfield) or projects involving major renovation (brownfield, such as Zhidou's Lanzhou project). Due to a "grandfathering" clause in the rules, companies making NDRC-approved EVs (e.g., BYD e6) in an existing, licensed factory do not require this approval.

Not related to this company:

Some articles/sites have been implying that Sinogold/Guojin has received an EV project approval. This is not correct as of date. Only 14 companies have received approval till today. What Sinogold/Guojin has received is a land-use approval for their Zibo project from the Ministry of Land Resources, which is one of the (important) preliminary steps in the total approval process. The last approved EV company, Hozon (#13), took about 6 months from land-use approval to complete project approval.

·
Registered
461 Posts
DMitra, thank you for clarifying the status of the Sinogold/Guojin in its quest for NDRC approval.

And thank you for clarifying the criteria for obtaining the coveted license/permit, to produce Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs). Your special note about the exemption of already established EV makers vs "new projects" , is important, as we watch this NDRC process of approval going forward.

Last November http://www.reuters.com reported:

“State support has been tightened and there are new rules for companies applying for a license to make all-electric cars. These include intellectual property rights; research and development; sales and after-sales support plans; trial production of at least 15 cars; and more. Separately, new safety rules for NEVs, such as battery testing,…”

I don't know how accurate or complete these criteria are but when I look at some of the names of these "new projects" I can't but wonder about their ability to rise to the NDRC standards.

Below I have compiled the list I have collected so far of the companies which have (reportedly) received the license/permit so far.

1. BAIC BJEV
  2. Changjiang EV Company(FDG)
  3. Qiantu Motor (CH Auto)
  4. Chery New Energy
  5. Minan Auto (Minth)
  6. Wanxiang Group (Karma)
  7. JMEV (Jiangling Motor)
  8. Jinkang Auto (subsidiary of Sokon)
  9. NEVS
  10. Yudo Auto (Yundu)
  11. Zhidou (partner of Geely)
  12. SDEV (Suda of Henan)
  13. Hozon of Zhejiang (Hezhong)
  14. Greenwheel (Land Ark EV)

I was a bit surprised to see the last one, Greenwheel, approved because I had considered it a small operation, that mainly produced LSEVs.

I have found that my list largely coincides with the list recently published by gasgoo.com:
http://autonews.gasgoo.com/home/70006601.html,
However some on this list seem to come under what you have referred to as, "companies making NDRC-approved EVs", so I would appreciate any corrections/revisions you might offer.

Curiously, many of the heavily invested companies in the mix, like, NIO, WM Motor, Chehejia, Future Mobility, and Le Eco are conspicuously absent from the list. These companies, by the way, are in a class by themselves, and I would hope that in the future we might see them receive a dedicated space here on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
@Lawrence, I welcome the appreciation :)

Yes, those are the 14 companies. You're correct about that.

Greenwheel is also a bus manufacturer (Jiangsu Greenwheel).

Sorry if the message was a little ambiguous. Established players are not exempt. If an established player wishes to embark on a new project ("project" meaning an all-new manufacturing complex or a renovated site) for the express purpose of making pure EVs, it will have to apply for approval and jump through all the hoops.

So who is exempt? If your company has a vehicle production license, is already operating a plant that has the requisite permissions, and has NDRC type-approval(s) for the particular NEV model(s) being built (or are intended to be built) at the said plant, you do not have to apply de novo for an EV production license under the new rules. This is the "grandfather" clause. If it weren't so, someone like BYD would have had to stop production of EVs forthwith.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Greenwheel Zhanlang Yongshi

Although Greenwheel no longer carries the Jummer on its website, a "classic" interpretation of the car, called Zhanlang Yongshi (战狼勇士 "Wolf Warrior"), was presented at the Jinan show last month.

No details are otherwise available.

http://www.sohu.com/a/167704746_190663
Posted at Erik's request

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Greenwheel Sunike

Greenwheel displayed a self-developed prototype of a new car at the ongoing Shenzhen-Hong Kong-Macau International Auto Show. [According to a report, Sunike (桑耐克) is probably the name of a new sub-brand, as opposed to the name of this particular car.]

The car has a proposed range of 350 km and a max. speed of 130 km/h.

http://news.cnev.cn/Info_112761.html
http://www.weiboread.com/user/2839980741/

With Greenwheel now leaning more towards making licensed electric vans and buses, it has established a subsidiary in Weifang, Shandong Binao New Energy Vehicle Co., Ltd. (site) which is entrusted with the production of its former LSEVs as well as rebadged cars from Levdeo.

·
Registered
991 Posts
EV Valley, an electric themed city that houses GreenWheel's production facility, hotels, and theme park. EV Valley's design was first shown at the International New Energy Auto Show of Hong Kong in 2015. It was planned to create an all-electric miniature city that would house entertainment and GreenWheel EV's production plant. The city was finished in 2017, and was the company's main production center.
Building Sky Tree Urban design Tower block

Automotive parking light Sky Property Vehicle Building

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Product Automotive tire

In pics: Rugao base of auto maker Green Wheel EV in E China - Xinhua | English.news.cn

21 - 33 of 33 Posts