China Car Forums banner

Should Changan Ford, FAW Toyota & Nanjing MG be added to JV Section ?

  • Yes add them all

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • only add FAW-Toyota

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • only add Changan Ford/Mazda

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only add Nanjing MG

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No to all options

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • FAW Toyota and Changan Ford/Mazda

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
:eek: Nanjing MG should definitely not be - as its not a JV and it is Nanjings main brand ! :nono:

Nanjing Fiat could be but it will never get many posts. :nono:

Not sure Changan Ford and FAW Toyota get enough posts :confused:

PS poll should have been multi-choice, the option I wanted wasn't available!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
may be

Windy said:
:eek: Nanjing MG should definitely not be - as its not a JV and it is Nanjings main brand ! :nono:

Nanjing Fiat could be but it will never get many posts. :nono:

Not sure Changan Ford and FAW Toyota get enough posts :confused:

PS poll should have been multi-choice, the option I wanted wasn't available!

you might be right but,I just think we are not asked to decide wether they will get posts or not,so I have chosen to add all of the mentioned firms since they somehow do work together.
If I have misunderstood I will be glad to hear about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
eddie said:
you might be right but,I just think we are not asked to decide wether they will get posts or not,so I have chosen to add all of the mentioned firms since they somehow do work together.
If I have misunderstood I will be glad to hear about it.
I think you may not have understood my point about Nanjing MG. What I was saying is that Nanjing MG is only 1 company, MG is a brand name belonging to Nanjing Automobile Corpoation. So it should not go under joint ventures. (Like Lexus is a brand of Toyota)

Like you I voted yes to all the others. :) (well tried to.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,268 Posts
When speaking of a Joint Venture Section, that section should have as its headings, the major host companies like:

FAW, SAIC, Dongfeng, Chang'an, Guangzhou, NAC, etc.

Subordinate to these would be both the foreign and domestic joint venture partners.

For example: Chang'an hosts foreign joint ventures with Suzuki
and Ford/Mazda.
Chang'an hosts a domestic joint venture with Jiangling.

Dongfeng hosts foreign joint ventures with Nissan and
Yulon of Taiwan.
Dongfeng hosts a domestic joint venture with Wanye
Automobile Manufacturing.

NAC hosts a foreign joint venture with Fiat.
NAC hosts a domestic joint venture with Nanjing
Automobile Group Wuxi Corp (producer of Soyat sedans)

Subsidiaries of the major companies like NAC's Nanjing MG Rover (Mingjue)
and FAW Hainan Haima, should be listed separately.

That is my current understanding of the Chinese auto industry picture, and so I am confused by the vote choices, and will abstain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Windy said:
I think you may not have understood my point about Nanjing MG. What I was saying is that Nanjing MG is only 1 company, MG is a brand name belonging to Nanjing Automobile Corpoation. So it should not go under joint ventures. (Like Lexus is a brand of Toyota)

Like you I voted yes to all the others. :) (well tried to.)

I do understand now and agree with you. :cool:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top