China Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering about the company activity since there is no news about it from more than a year ago. Does it still work? Does the Noble car (S6) and its spare parts still produced? If so, for which country does it be exported?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hello Mimo,
Yes, I see that the company's website appears to be inactive, with no news dated later 2013. But as far as I know Shuanghuan still exports the Noble minicar, a Smart lookalike, to Wheego in Georgia, USA. As far as I know Wheego is still in the business of selling Smart lookalike EVs.

Shuanghuan's effort to export its SCEO SUV ran into legal problems in Germany back in 2008.

Perhaps others can give us more on this company's status......

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
There now seems to be no trace of continued Shuanghuan operations, anywhere on the Chinese auto industry map. Its demise was about in the year 2013. That was when it stopped sending the Noble minicar shells to Wheego Electric Vehicles of Atlanta, U.S. for conversion.
I thought that the original maker of the Smart lookalike, Noble or Little Aristocrat, that is Hongxing Auto, might live on. But this year their website, and any trace of them, also seems to have gone away.
With the government's big push to promote new energy, it's surprising that no attempt was made to merge Noble production into the world of China's LSEVs.
The Noble by the way had even geared up for crash testing, and received a two star rating by CNCAP in 2012. Of course its not exactly a rating that would jettison them to the top of the minicar class.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thank you Dmitra for that revelation. I am not surprised that Hongxing will prevail as a car maker. I suppose we will have to wait until the new owners create a website to promote their new models.
Of course the reproduction of the Foison raises questions about intellectual property. I am wondering what the relationship is between Hongxing and Chang'an.
By the way, Wheego Electric Cars, Inc. has not gone away with the cessation of the Noble shell import, and conversion, in Ontario, California. They remain involved in ongoing development of electric vehicle model(s), now in China. Like Hongxing, I expect we will see them surface once again in the future.
The electric vehicle revolution is upon us.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Of course the reproduction of the Foison raises questions about intellectual property.
Dragin, there are no issues of intellectual property here. It is not a copy, but an alternative electric version of the actual Foison, with Hongxing's own brand name. There are other companies that do the same, e.g. the Wuzhoulong FDG5020XXYEV (panel van) and Dongfeng EQ1020TBEV (pickup).

Lifan too has its own electric version of the Foison (LF6401BEV/CEV). The battery/motor combination is usually different in the above cases (from the original Foison EV).

I am wondering what the relationship is between Hongxing and Chang'an.
I don't think I mentioned Chang'an anywhere :confused:

They remain involved in ongoing development of electric vehicle model(s), now in China.
Would love to know more about this, if there is any definite info.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201603/885422.html Shuanghuan auto (and a lot of other auto producers) will banned by goverment? For translate I use google translator, so I don´t know if is tranlation correct ? Could some check this article? Thank you :)
Yes, these are companies that have anyway ceased production activities. Past licenses granted by SDPC/NDRC will be revoked.

Anyhow, revocation of licenses is actually a regular affair, most of the instances involving third- and fourth-tier companies, i.e. refit factories, obscure bus factories, or "special-purpose" vehicle factories. This time it has become news because some of the companies listed there used to be prominent ones.

Interestingly, Erik e-mailed me in haste after reading that article two days ago, such has been its impact! :) (I hope Erik will excuse me for mentioning this)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
石家庄双环新能源汽车有限公司 they call themselves now: Shijiazhuang Shuanghuan New Energy Automobiles Co. Ltd. Note that the banning of the Shuanghuan Sceo (HBJ6474) is not yet but per 1-1-2017. I must say the revived website is a big surprise.

·
Registered
938 Posts
yes, i also see there laptops and other things, maybe they will got somekind of new lincence for sale, it's often that many factories in china build many stuff, also chinese support ev models and other any maybe if they convert any car or something to ev and offer classic suv, they will get a licence for sale...who knows
at least something is happening

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Yes, perhaps Shuanghuan's past EV conversion activity with the Noble model, has gained it some credit with the government, and so now it may be in the process of re-creating itself in a "New Energy" format.
Martin was wise in not dropping it from the forum too hastily.

Here's another website:
http://shijiazhuang-shuanghuan.en.ywsp.com/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts