China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HYUNDAI SONATA

BRILLIANCE BS6

There is also Honda Accord (Which I own o_O)

A bit similar :)

See you !

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The BS6 has a much more refined/classy look.
Brilliance's partner BMW gave them a lot of input on developing this model and in the appearance it's evident. But it's too bad BMW didn't let Brilliance know about the perils of trying to sell in Europe without good crash test preparation. Now Brilliance has to try and throw off the effects of an ADAC test failure and the subsequent media bashing.

As for Hyundai, somehow the sharp corners on the taillight assemblies and license plate inset, break up the hind body lines and cheapen the appearance. In this case Hyundai's attempt to emulate the Camry and Accord missed the mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Zunchi (BS6) car was developed and marketed in China before the BMW-Brilliance partenership so there wasn't no german input whatsoever regarding this design. Later, in 2003, there were maybe some input regarding other aspects. The design is much better than any BMW I know. BMW should learn something from Brilliance is this matter, not the other way around.

The compartion proposed here and the assumptions made are clearly old-fashioned China bashing. If BS6 is similar to the Hyunday Sonata every other sedan is. The only similarity is the size wich is pretty standard for this class of sedans. So please stop this nonsense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I clearly see no similarities between brilliance and the other 2 cars. I have to agree with vladlenin about the china car bashing. As for dragin, I don't thing the sonata deserved the label of cheapen. I rather think that the design on brilliance looks like something you would get of mid size cheaper range saloons. Not that I am bashing brilliance or anything. I would have to agree on one thing though, it looks good and brilliance is moving in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts