China Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whatever pics you had seen before of S12,I think the black one will be more attractive than any others,I expect to get one like this:thumb:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not on sale now,it will be introduced end of the year or next year.

it will cost about 40,000RMB($5,000),i think...

·
Registered
135 Posts
It could sell for 8k, but at that price the S12 would need side curtain air bags, roll over protection, ABS, traction control, and a large assortment of safety features standard. Real_I_Hate_China does have a point when he said that the opportunity for a junky cheap import was over, so the S12 will also have to beat the Korean and American competitors in most categories. Who knows, with a light body and good tuning the S12 could become the next mini

The S12 is a B segment car, right? Meaning that it would compete with these vehicles, Chery and Visionary Vehicles have some improvements to make.

http://autos.msn.com/research/compa...01675&v=t101344&v=t102147&v=t102091&v=t102493

·
Registered
305 Posts
???????????????????

Real_I_Hate_China said:
GM will sue.

What the HELL are you talking about, China hater? The S12 is NOT the QQ, it is a NEW design. It's POSSIBLE that some of the underpinnings are shared with the QQ, but that's it - the body design is new, the interior is new..........this is a ORIGINAL idea by Chery and GM would have no reason to sue.

·
Registered
561 Posts
she is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot, i mean the s12 not jmsteiny, lol. anyone know the performance?? 4 or 5 speed manual?? hopfully not a automatic cause then she wont be as hot. and btw it needs a better name.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhh.....

gr8 said:
she is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot, i mean the s12 not jmsteiny, lol. anyone know the performance?? 4 or 5 speed manual?? hopfully not a automatic cause then she wont be as hot. and btw it needs a better name.
:yikes: Sorry gr8....................I have a beautiful girlfriend!!!!!!!! I will agree with though about the S12..........she IS hot!!!!:woohoo:

·
Registered
305 Posts
More pics................

A good friend of mine found these pics............I thought it would be nice to share them!! Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Pretty DAMN good looking car, if you ask me!! I am going to assume that it will DEFINTELY have a 5 speed transmission (4 speed trannys are pretty rare nowadays in China), AT LEAST a 1.1 liter engine (most likely the same 1.1 from the QQ..........it's called being "cost effective") and the usual host of comfort features - power windows, mirrors and door locks, ABS as a option, power steering, air conditioning, CD/MP3 player, etc. Now - DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!!!! I am just taking a educated guess.........but I have to think that Chery will try and make this a little bit more "upscale" from the QQ - hence the list of potential standard features. Chery MIGHT also have a entry level model with only SOME of things I listed........and it is also quite possible that Chery will offer 2 different engine sizes (a la the QQ). As I look at the pics, it seems to me that the S12 is only SLIGHTLY larger than the QQ.........so a 1.1 SHOULD be sufficient as far as power is concerned. IF Chery can keep the price down to a reasonable level (in the 40,000 - 50,000rmb price range), I think they will have a REAL popular car to sell, and maybe even become Chery's new sales leader (as far as units sold).

For me, I am DEFINTELY going to wait until I have the chance to see this car up close and personal.........THEN I will make a final decision as far as WHAT car I will buy!! Come on Chery - get the S12 into the showrooms SOON........a hungry car-buying public awaits!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Uh huh..........

S12 uses Matiz parts, so GM can sue.

So, I guess you are a senior design engineer for Chery now? You would have to be in order to make the statement you just did. Wait.........I remember now - you've NEVER even been inside a auto factory. Oh, and I remember one more thing............YOU'VE NEVER EVEN SET FOOT IN CHINA!!!!!!!

Once you actually get off your butt and EXPERIENCE the world of chinese cars (by actually being here and seeing, touching and driving them), THEN I will listen to what you have to say. There is SO MUCH MORE to the world than just reading about it on the internet. NONE of us (me, you or anyone else on this forum) REALLY knows what parts are being used in the S12 (it hasn't even been released to the public yet) - so ENOUGH with your assumptions. A question for you.........WHY do you hate China so much (as your screen name powerfully suggests)? WHY do you spend SO MUCH time adding your negative responses if you hate China (and Chinese cars) so much? Can't you find something POSITIVE to do with your life? I'm not trying to be mean here........I actually kind of feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
DOS said:
It could sell for 8k, but at that price the S12 would need side curtain air bags, roll over protection, ABS, traction control, and a large assortment of safety features standard. Real_I_Hate_China does have a point when he said that the opportunity for a junky cheap import was over, so the S12 will also have to beat the Korean and American competitors in most categories. Then again, when you have Lotus tuning the cars, we performance shouldn't be a problem. Who knows, with a light body and good tuning the S12 could become the next mini
So? Protons have Lotus tuning and yet their performance is crap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts