China Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so 2 years ago it was big news when chinese cars were headed to Saudia Arabia, Morrocco, Iran etc

then it was big news they went to Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan

then it was big news they went to Egypt, Syria

recently it was big news they went to Nigeria and other African nations

then Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia

and now Costa Rica, Veneuzuela and Cuba

Where is next??

I think they should still concentrate on tiny markets and get used to production and support and build a reputation and funds...1 step at a time

i think they should look into markets like

bangladesh, sri lanka, nepal, burma, mongolia, indonesia

then New Zealand, Fiji, Caribbean islands like Trinidad, Suriname, Jamaica

then remaining nations in Eastern Europe, then rest of Africa, the Rest of East Asia
then rest of middle east after wars

and then australia and New zealand..

Europe and NA should wait

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great06 said:
Next is putting more efforts on Chinese market.

Kick out most foreign brands.

Chinese own market is already the world's 3rd largest :thumb:

that would be smart if they did that, but problem with CHina is they LOVE too much foreign investment

thats their downfall , unlike india which had more restrictions, china opened its doors to every US corp out there

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
foreign domination of Chinese domestic market to continue.
ummmmm the chinese arnt stupid... its not foreign domination, the chinese allowed the so called foreign companies to sell there stuff in china only if they would make the products in china. for example saic and vw, if saic wasnt teaming up with gm and vw etc etc, you wouldnt see a single buick or vw down the chinese streets. almost every car running down the streets in china, are made in china. just look behind the car it would say something like guang zhou honda, or beijing jeep. oh yea i forgot, you never been to china...

·
Registered
772 Posts
for example saic and vw, if saic wasnt teaming up with gm and vw etc etc, you wouldnt see a single buick or vw down the chinese streets. almost every car running down the streets in china, are made in china.
The car production output in the US remains the same; Japanese and Korean transplants made up for GM and Ford output declines.

Yet Americans are crying the death of US auto industry at the hands of Japanese. Why?

·
Registered
481 Posts
because american car makers are stupid , and they make stupid cars
with 15000L / 64V engines ! and then the car just breaks down !

European/Asian cars are alot better , MUCH better , more reliable , less cheaper to own and alot more easier to mantain .

and if you noticed only the EUROPEAN inspired american cars are doing good outside the US

like the FOCUS ( Ford ) for example , alot of ppl and american as well ( who never saw it ) hate it ! while its one of the best family sedanes out there .

thanks to its european styling and design , I think its built in Turkey or something .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
The car production output in the US remains the same; Japanese and Korean transplants made up for GM and Ford output declines.

Yet Americans are crying the death of US auto industry at the hands of Japanese. Why?
Simply put it, americans are so used to domination. But the fact is they are not as ambicious as asians (chinese koreans and japanese) and even less motivated to complete. The auto-industry in US was doomed 20+ years ago. Got GM stocks? Sell they while you still can.

The chinese auto makers like SAIC, once mature enough to spread its wings will pull the plug on VW and GM. Without a chinese partner, they cant produce a single car in china.

Do expect the joint ventures winding down in china in the future, as interest-sharing partners turn to brutual competitors.

·
Registered
772 Posts
But the fact is they are not as ambicious as asians (chinese koreans and japanese)
You can leave Chinese out of above statement.

The chinese auto makers like SAIC, once mature enough to spread its wings will pull the plug on VW and GM. Without a chinese partner, they cant produce a single car in china.
Chinese aren'te the least bits of GM's problem; Toyota is.

Do expect the joint ventures winding down in china in the future
There is no hint of foreigners losing their 75% present market share grab in China.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ash said:
that would be smart if they did that, but problem with CHina is they LOVE too much foreign investment

thats their downfall , unlike india which had more restrictions, china opened its doors to every US corp out there
Well, do you think china is able to develop fast like now without the foreign investment? I don't know about the restriction in India, however what I can guess is that china export more than India to US.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Just as Chinese automakers are in a hurry to expand their capacity in China, so are foreigners. Chinese auto market is just like that of US auto market; lots of brands, strong foreign brands and weak domestic brands. Even worse, Chinese domestic brands enjoy no customer royalty that US brands do among certain segment of population.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Even worse, Chinese domestic brands enjoy no customer royalty that US brands do among certain segment of population.
Chinese brands do enjoy patriotism from its people, also benefiting from growing anti-jap, anti-US sentiment. In long term as chinese encomy grows and personal income increases, the ever-growing nationalism will drive the demand for everything chinese.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts