China Car Forums banner

Some questions from Venezuela

16K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  WAITFOR 
#1 ·
Hello!

Like Vladimir-S I´m very interested in know about QUALITY of these cars, because thay are now introducing to Venezuelan market, and we don´t have information about them.

One of the favorite cars of venezuelan people is TOYOTA, so the representants of Great Wall here says that the engine is the same that some toyota models like 4Runner and Hilux. They said that you can replace some spare part of a GW car by a toyota part.

Now I have a sedan car and I want to buy a SUV like SAFE because it´s price its very low, but I have a lot of doubts about the performance and quality.

I hope that you can help me to clarify my doubts. Thanks ...

PD: Repeat the question:
Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)

#2 ·
just buy it and drive it...yes many parts from toyota can be fitted in GWM but why to buy the part from toyota? it's much expensive
if you need a car for work buy a pick up...for family safe( new f1 model whit 4 disc brakes and better chasis which have more space in interior)...engines are great,maybe they have only 106 hp but they go just fine,cosuption is between 10-12 liters of gasoline
for now i don't have any problem whit rust
bye

#3 ·
light at the end of the quality tunnel

Silviashc said:
.....but I have a lot of doubts about the performance and quality......
Quality has come a long way, but there's still a long way to go as seen here. This photo is from among a manufacturer's sales promotional photos. The lack of attention to detail is what the competitors are counting on to preserve their market position. As for performance the hauling capacity may leave something to be desired.

As always it's a tradeoff....price vs value.

Attachments

#4 ·
Thing aboute SAFE of Great Wall Motor Co.

Iam from Costa Rica, here we have mor than 600 greatwalls, especialy I have one SAFE 4X2 2006, Iam very happy with this car, very good chasis, very good frame, delux, nice, safe. And relly the parts of TOYOTA 4Y engine are the same. The boddy are the same of the fourRunner 95, same windows, doors, etc. If you see the price of the car and parts is excelent. I have a frind he use a SAfe 4x4 OF taxi, and he drive in 6 moth 150.000 Km.:lol:
bye, best regards to every people .

#5 ·
Dennis ... what about the aftersales support and service ? If you have technical problems with your SAFE 4x2, does great wall have a prompt replacement or good service that you do not need to wait for spare parts ???
As far as I am concern, neither Great Wall nor Cinascar group offer spare parts reposition at hand. Tell us yor experience and the experience of other Chinese customers in Costa Rica ?

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for your answers. Here in Venezuela the salesmen guarantee the vehicles by 2 years and the spare parts by 5 years

I saw the photos that Vladimir-S published and they seem to me excellent!! right for something similar is that I want the light truck, to raise to mountains, pass rivers and beams sometimes adventure trip.

On the other hand, I found a very good page about these vehicles. But as I do not speak Russian I translated to english, and it seems to me that the commentaries that do about the performance, quality in the painting and other parts are not very good.
If you want to check it, it´s in: chinamobil.ru/great-wall/safe/?view=press

And you can translate the entire page with altavista babel fish

#7 ·
GWM Service and parts in Costa Rica

Silvia, here in Costa Rica, we have all the parts and service of Greatwall vehicules. And if you see we have greatwall in Colombia, Ecuador, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala. Every countries have parts and remeber is posible to use parts of the diesel engine of ISUZU and in Gasoline Engine Toyoya parts. But I seed the page of your contry(venezuela) and they have all the parts and service. Enter in WWW.greatwall.com.ve. Best Regards Dennis

#8 ·
customers in Costa Rica with greatwall

Sileale, I have contac with more the 500 people do have greatwall in Costa Rica, and all are very happy with the services, and parts. In Costa Rica the big brands are TOYOTA,NISSAN,ISUZU,HONDA,Hyndai others, and all the mecanics now aboute this engines, is easy to work.If you whant more information, please send me, and I try to help you. Sorry because my english is no good, i doo better in spanish, best regards dennis

#9 ·
parts...service

GWM have good service,one of the biggest and the best is in russia,also with the parts isn't problem,you can get it from china for about 7 days if you have aciddent of something(i mean bigger crash),the usually parts are always at stock,anywhere you buy it

#10 ·
some questions to Micodelija

Hello, in what post you say you are part of GWM. I need many thins of GW especiality photos aout side and in side()interiors) of: Safe F1, Socool Pick up, and the new Wingle pick up (in this case interior all the you have). Beacuse here in Costa Rica evbery people are waiting for use. Iste is posible please send me. If you need my email I send you, or we us this chanel of the forum. Have a good day.

#11 ·
Dennis Juan Sanabria said:
Hello, in what post you say you are part of GWM. I need many thins of GW especiality photos aout side and in side()interiors) of: Safe F1, Socool Pick up, and the new Wingle pick up (in this case interior all the you have). Beacuse here in Costa Rica evbery people are waiting for use. Iste is posible please send me. If you need my email I send you, or we us this chanel of the forum. Have a good day.
for wingle you must wait...like the others :)
safe from outside isn't much different,he only had 4 disc brakes,and longer chasis which give much more room in the back seats,which was the problem in the old model,back seats for unconmfortable
here you have photos on safe and socool,for pick up i i think the deer model is the best one
safe: http://www.chinamobil.ru/great-wall/safe/?view=photos

so cool: have the same interior like sailor pick up
http://www.chinamobil.ru/great-wall/socool/?view=photos

on those link you have all the pictures of the great wall's,it's my friends from Russia...bye

#12 · (Edited)
Dude, do we have a bunch chinese pretending to be 'amigos' from south america promoting GW here??? :mad:

If you are from south america, write your post in spanish so we know it's authentic. Mann, im so glad i took spanish in highschool. My highschool girlfriend was a latino, she got a body just like J Lo, she probably is a mom of 10 now. :lol:

#13 ·
Sileale, I have contac with more the 500 people do have greatwall in Costa Rica....., best regards dennis
Gracias Dennis. Didn't know GW is present in alsmot all Central America countries. I still would like to get more information regarding spare parts and how long you need to wait for repair. Does GW has a central warehouse in one of these Central America countries ? <Tiene GW un deposito de piezas de reposicion localizado en alguno de estos paises de America CEntral ? >
Gracias y saludos.
Sileale
<<www.jada-auto.com>>

#14 ·
Español en este FORUM, Good idea!!!

Para KINF OF HILL !!! Me alegra mucho saber que puedo usar mi idioma natal y asi poder ayudar a otros con mis conocimientos.:thumb:
Si yo soy de Costa Rica, ubicados en el centro de America Central. Aqui en Costa Rica los impuestos de vehículos son muy caros 57% del valor cif aduanas. Por eso los vehiculos Chinos nos ayudan mucho. Ya en Costa Rica hay varias marcas Chinas: GREATWALL es la primera que llego a nuestro pasi hace 3 años. Y reciente hay: Gelly, FAO,JMC, Chery, Tm,Gonow, Tiger Truck,Dadi.
Pero el que es el pionero y mas fuerte es GREATWALL, nosotros somos un pais pequeño, así que las ventas de auto son pequeñas en comparacion con otros paises. Sin embargo GWM ha vendido 600 unidades y entre loas demas marcas aproximadamente unas 150 unidades. Pero como son clones de marcas japonesas, no hay problemas de conocimientos mecanicos y repuestos. Muchos Saludos, Dennis Juan...:cool:

#15 ·
My expirence with GREATWALL MOTORS CARS in Costa Rica

Hola Sileale !! veo que hablas español, y creo que es el mejor modo de comunicarnos. Nuestra experiencia con vehículos marca GREATWALL excelente. Es una empresa que se llama GREATWALL AUTOS S.A., ya tienen 3 años de estar en Costa Rica y fueron los pioneros en empezar en Copsta Rica. Yo vendia autos para ISUZU por muchos años y apenas que vi esta empresa, me sorprendio mucho su profesionalismo y me contrataron en ventas. Yo vendi mi ISUZU RODEO y de inmediato compre un GWM SAFE, yu desde entonce eh probado muy bien el vehiculo y eh visto que es muy bueno, realmente es la misma carroceria del 4Runner de Toyota del año 95 al 2000, y el motor es el 4Y de Toyota (generico) y todos los mecanicos lo conocen y saben reparar, ademas ellos si tienen todos los repuestos. Por ejemplo: cuando algun dealer le compra a la fabrica en China, ellos te envian los carros con sus repectivos kits de repuestos y esto te asegura que si hay partes para remplazo. En venezuela estan muy bien tienen varios canales de ventas. Y como la gasolina es muy barata, no hay problema con motores gasolina, a pesar de ser 4 cilindros y muy economicos. No tengas dudas es un buen carro.
Saludo Dennis Juan

#17 ·
Por ejemplo: cuando algun dealer le compra a la fabrica en China, ellos te envian los carros con sus repectivos kits de repuestos y esto te asegura que si hay partes para remplazo....Saludo Dennis Juan
Hola Juan: podria me dicir que piezas de reposicion viene en el kit de repuestos que mencionas arriba ? Esta es una buena idea para "comprar" tiempo de envio de piezas. Pero tiene el factor de robo/furto de este kit en el puerto !!! Como te parece esto ?
Aguardo tus comentarios
Sileale

#19 ·
to micodelija...
micodelija said:
do you have homologation rules in venezuela???
...ohh yes. Many details like reports of bulb ligths, brakes, windshield glasses, emissions, brake, tire, ....It is not that hard to pass the homologation process but it is a pain in the neck to go through it.

Denis, todavia necesito de tu respuesta: que piezas de repuesto GW tras en el kit que tu mencionaste ?

#20 ·
Greatwall Costa Rica a gente de Venezuela

Cuando hablo de un kit de repuestos, estos son exclusivos del dealer, o sea por la compra que tu hagas, ellos te recomiendan ciertas partes de repuesto de emergencia, cuando hablamos de repuestos de emergencia, estos son por efectos de accidentes, los cuales nunca sabemos cuando puede suceder. Ademas lógito esta, al poner el taller de servicio, hay kits de repuestos para las revisiones de garantia. Aclaro: Si tu compras un GW, no quiere decir que en el precio tu recibes estos repuestos. Ademas estos kits tienen un precio. Saludos, Dennis Juan

#21 ·
Gracias Dennis Juan. Pero todavia tengo unas dudas.: confused:

....., al poner el taller de servicio, hay kits de repuestos para las revisiones de garantia.
Cuales son las piezas de repuestos que vienen en este kit ?

Si tu compras un GW, no quiere decir que en el precio tu recibes estos repuestos. Ademas estos kits tienen un precio.
Entiendo. es que mencionaste en otro forum que cada GW ya trae en el maletero una caja de piezas de repuestos cuando embarcado desde China. Por supuesto esta es una estrategia buena en garantizar algunas piezas basicas de repuestos ya desde el principio. Pues son estas piezas que gustaria de saber cuales son.

Ahh, y cuanto a la aduana, ademas del impuesto de 57% del vehiculo, no hay impuesto para esta caja que est'a suelta dentro del vehiculo ?

Gracias Dennis Juan.
Alex :thumb:

#22 ·
Solicitud de Punta de Eje

Cuando hablo de un kit de repuestos, estos son exclusivos del dealer, o sea por la compra que tu hagas, ellos te recomiendan ciertas partes de repuesto de emergencia, cuando hablamos de repuestos de emergencia, estos son por efectos de accidentes, los cuales nunca sabemos cuando puede suceder. Ademas lógito esta, al poner el taller de servicio, hay kits de repuestos para las revisiones de garantia. Aclaro: Si tu compras un GW, no quiere decir que en el precio tu recibes estos repuestos. Ademas estos kits tienen un precio. Saludos, Dennis Juan
Hola Denis Juan Sanabria, me llamo Hosmer (waitfor)y soy de Venezuela, tengo un GRAET WALL SAFE 2005, y estoy necesitando la PUNTA de EJE TRASERA lado DERECHO, por lo que requiero informacion como puedo hacer para obtenerla o de cual de los modelos 4RUNNER TOYOTA podria solicitar una similar y el parachoque inferior delantero Tengo la camioneta parada por falta de este repuesto ya que en las agencias del pais (Venezuela) se me ha hecho imposible conseguir.

Saludos esperando tu pronta respuesta.
Hosmer (waitfor) Telef celular: 0414-8210423

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.