China Car Forums banner

Do you own/plan to own a Chinese car ?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, but looking into it.

• No

• No and Absolutely Out of the Question.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chery " Speranza " assembelled in Egypt this month

A Huge surprise to the Chery Dealer here , I have no idea how this deal go took shape

the Chery dealer is called CIG , and they currently IMPORT AND SELL only , The Chery Windcloud ( As Chery A11 ) , the QQ and the Chery A15 ( Flagcloud ) .

A couple of weeks we heard about a rumor of AboulFotooh ( former BMW dealer and importer ) is preparing to assemble a Chinese car in Egypt .

so it was nothing new , since the Brilliance Galena is now being produced in BMWs factories here .

but the funny thing is its a CHERY model ,
Called Chery Speranza , Apparently its the Oriental Sun but with some new twsists and modifications .

THe only photo available is in a newspaper and its covered , now alot is showing but it says SPERANZA and has the Chery Automobile logo on the FULL PAGE advertisment .

I will try to get a scan/picture as oon as possible .

No idea about the price/features yet , unless " A whole new sensation " is considered a feature :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish its this one but the image they posted in the newspaper is from a SIDE view not a prespective one , so I can't really tell

·
Registered
297 Posts
heres some more info guys

China-made Chery sedan to be assembled in Egypt

Chinese carmaker Chery Automobile announced on Tuesday in Cairo that the assembling lines of Chery sedan were officially kicked off in Egypt with the cooperation of an Egyptian car company.

The lines were under the cooperation with Chery's Egyptian partner Daewoo Motors Egypt (DME), a former partner of GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Co., Chery's vice-president Zhou Biren said at a press conference.

Chery's two car types, A5 with a 1.6-liter engine and A6 with a 2.0-liter engine, would be produced in Egypt in the forms of CKD, or completely knocked-down, and SKD, or semi-knocked-down, Zhou said.

He said that DME was expected to have an annual capacity of 25, 000 units in the initial stage, which could be further raised to 50,000 units in the future.

Chery signed the agreement of strategic partnership with DME in November 2005, shortly after the latter ended cooperation with the world known automobile manufacturer GM Daewoo.

According to the agreement, DME would pay for the use of Chery's technologies and brand while Chery would provide technological support and car parts for DME.

The assembled Chery cars would be sold in Egypt under a new name of Speranza, which DME said meant hope.

Officials with DME said that Speranza was set to win Egyptian car buyers with high quality and favorable prices.

Chery, which was set up in 1997 in central China's Anhui province, has made great success in both Chinese market and overseas market.

Statistics released by the Chinese embassy in Egypt indicated that Egypt has imported some 1,700 Chery's cars by the end of 2005.

Source: Xinhua

·
Registered
52 Posts
does anybody know if the engines used are acteco engines(the new chery engines) or the same old 1.6 engine used in A11??

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 1.6 engine is the new ACTECO, the 2.0 is the mitsubishi 4G63
The 1.6 is coming with manual transmission and the 2.0 is coming with automatic tiptronic trans.
The cars will be available in the showrooms next Friday as they told in the company when I called them.

The 1.6 price is 59,900 LE which is about 10,000 $
The 2.0 price is 99,900 LE which is about 17,000 $
(Very comepetetive prices if compared with others):thumb:
I believe that the 1.6 model is the A5, and the 2.0 model is the Eastar B11,
the cars will be sold under the brand name Speranza, I think to not conflict with Chery brand which has been distributed by another company (A11 and QQ).

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow , now I regret not waiting for this :(

I love the A5 :(
damn it

·
Registered
627 Posts
You love this car

they didn't have it when you bought the Fiat. BTW, what happened to your crashed Fiat? can you trade it in for a A5

·
Registered
52 Posts
m_a_gamal said:
The 1.6 engine is the new ACTECO, the 2.0 is the mitsubishi 4G63
The 1.6 is coming with manual transmission and the 2.0 is coming with automatic tiptronic trans.
The cars will be available in the showrooms next Friday as they told in the company when I called them.

I believe that the 1.6 model is the A5, and the 2.0 model is the Eastar B11,
the cars will be sold under the brand name Speranza, I think to not conflict with Chery brand which has been distributed by another company (A11 and QQ).
can you please tell me what are the full list of options in the 1.6 and 2.0 cars? i may buy one on the spot when they arrive.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At Hazik

I fixed my Palio , its back in perfect shape now , No I can't replace it , I am paying it with Installments not cash .

AT Fmohiy

The 1.6 is not yet confirmed to be the A5 , so Dont get ur hopes up , its going to be VIEWABLE in all aboulfotouh galleries tommorrow .

the features are :

1.6 ACTECO ENGINE ( no info about HP )
Manual
ABS / 2 Airbags
CD/Cassette
4 Electric Windows /
Trip Computer / RPM
Centeral Lock
Alarm / Remote key

3 years waranty or 100,000 KM
59,000 LE

I think this car will outselll EVERY car in egypt ! if it was the a5 !!!
I mean the cURRENT chery dealer sells the basic OUTDATED A11 for 58,000 ! a higher version for 64,000 and a LONG version for 69,900 !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tomorow we will see the cars ISA, and I'm expecting huge advertising campaign in newspapers, they told me it will be available tomorow in Aboul Fotouh showroom in Gam3et El Dowal St.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This morning in Al Ahram newspaper there was an advertising for Speranza and an article about them, the two cars are Speranza A516 (Chery A5) and Speranza A620 (Chery Eastar).

·
Registered
52 Posts
i reserved one A516 yesterday and will get it in 45 days. It has the following

1.6 acteco engine
manual A/C , not the digital one found in pictures over the net, but i don't care about that
4 electric windows with auto windows up when you lock the car
center lock
remote control
alarm
ABS brakes from delphi
tires mark GTradial size 195/55 r15
sport tire alloys
clarion radio cassette Cd mp3 player model adb341mp
60/40 foldable rear sets(but not flat)
500 litre boot.

all this for 59900 EGP great car for a steal price.

The A620 is also on offer for 99900 EGP with extra
2 air bags
steptronic trnsmission
mitsubishi engine
electric roof opening
dvd player with 2 screens for the back seats.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey guys, i went 2day to abou el fotoh's showroom @ gam3et el dowal st.
Both cars are gr8, package is gr8, price is gr8 ...

A6 available in only 3 colours, black , silver & something else.
very good built qulaity compared to the brilliance, also assembled here in egypt, cuz i didnt like some points with the brilliance.
As far as i heard, 45% of the components are made in egypt.
guys This car will sell like hell here in egypt... I mean the A5 looks better than the chev. optra, at da same size, with matching quality ... while its priced less than the smaller Avio :lol:

I guess we'll wait & see...

·
Registered
150 Posts
m_a_gamal said:
Really nice prices.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, the A15 is not on the market, a couple were sold for car rental companies, as far as i heard it was too expensive , reached 115,000 L.E plus.

The chery dealer sells A11 models till now, priced at 58,900 L.E starting level!! while the dealer for the A5 now... sells it for 59,900 L.E ?! I'd prefer the A5 for sure. I just didnt get it, what chery is upto making here in our market... cuz you see, now we have 2 agents :D one selling A11 models, QQ's .... & the other, using the same chery logo, producing the A5, oriental sun models, but not under the name chery, under the name speranza...

so now, both are selling cars for chery, A11 for 58,900 L.E ... the other selling A5 for 59,900 L.E !? :lol: i see it funny. either one of them is loosing much money, or the other is gaining alot of money ...

1 - 20 of 473 Posts