China Car Forums banner

Do you own/plan to own a Chinese car ?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, but looking into it.

• No

• No and Absolutely Out of the Question.

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's the same what Chery did in China local market, diffrent agents diffrente models...

To the 59900 A5, the price of A11 looks like a little bit higher...

Friend told me, the lowest A15(facelift of the A11) sold in China at only CNY55555(USD7000), as the lowest A5 sold at CNY77777(USD9700)...

AW, thx for your inputs~~happy

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Congratiulations Fmohiy , I envy you ! I will sell my damn Palio ! :D

for ppl intrested , 59,900 LE = $10,035 ( 1 $ = 5.7 LE )
99,000 LE = $17385

·
Registered
627 Posts
fmohiy said:
i reserved one A516 yesterday and will get it in 45 days. It has the following

1.6 acteco engine
manual A/C , not the digital one found in pictures over the net, but i don't care about that
4 electric windows with auto windows up when you lock the car
center lock
remote control
alarm
ABS brakes from delphi
tires mark GTradial size 195/55 r15
sport tire alloys
clarion radio cassette Cd mp3 player model adb341mp
60/40 foldable rear sets(but not flat)
500 litre boot.

all this for 59900 EGP great car for a steal price.

The A620 is also on offer for 99900 EGP with extra
2 air bags
steptronic trnsmission
mitsubishi engine
electric roof opening
dvd player with 2 screens for the back seats.
Congrats man! Did you test drive the car before buying it. And does the engine look like this?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I Havent seen one in REAL yet but I am going to tommorrow

Anyways the A5 has the 1.6 Acteco engine not the 2.0 one
I believe its cheaper cuz it has 45% egyptian parts , which are cheaper than chinese parts

and the A6 is cheaper cuz it have some stuff changed as well , like it doesnt have a DVD player like the ADD or Ppl say , its just a VCD and lcds from Symphony , a crappy korean audio company I believe .. and it also has 45% egyptian content , and the 30% CUSTOMS and TAX dont apply to CKD cars .

making it a reall bargain to buy

Just to let you know

The Chery/Speranza A5 is now booked for over 3 months ahead ! and there's a Waiting list !!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Even the Symphony VCD's are made in Egypt... :D

hazik: yes, both are da same like here... The A5 got 15" sport wheels like da pic, A6 got 16" wheels.

I want to know, the mitsu engine 2.0, 4g63 powering the A6, how much hp is it producing??

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
According to Wikipedia , the 4g63 was used in the Galant / EVO
the Galant 4g63 , was used till 1999 , so is the Turbocharged version for the EVO

The AMERICAN galant produced 207hp , I doubt that this is the case with Eastar

... edit

Ok according to Cheryglobal.com

the Eastar 2.0L using the 4G63S4M Engine
Produces 92KW at 6000 RPM , thats about
125 HP

I think that HP result is a bit low for such a huge car like this, strangely , the 2.4Version only increases to 130hp even the ACTECO 2.0L version is also 130hp !

wierd

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks cryptonx for the kind words.
i just hope they deliver the car on time.

the stripped some options from the A5 to get to this price like no airbags and the A/C is analog not digital.

I just fear that they might raise the price before i get my car.

As for test drive, i actually didn't ask for one, i'm buying this car on faith(and a lot of research) and on the fact that if i sold the audio system and alloy wheels alone i would get 10,000 EGP from the car price:p
by the way, i heard a rumor that the A6 might increase to 130,000 EGP soon. Actualy at that price, it still might be a bargain compared to the galina.

Did you know this car (A5) have separate air vents for rear passengers?? i only saw this option on the BMW 5 series, not even on the 3 series.
This car ROCKS!!!

LONG LIVE CHINA :D :D :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
bmw sucks anyways ! chery owns it ! :p
lol just kidding

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
nesvita said:
That's the same what Chery did in China local market, diffrent agents diffrente models...

To the 59900 A5, the price of A11 looks like a little bit higher...

Friend told me, the lowest A15(facelift of the A11) sold in China at only CNY55555(USD7000), as the lowest A5 sold at CNY77777(USD9700)...

AW, thx for your inputs~~happy
Welcome to chinacarforums nesvita :)

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
egytuner said:
Well, the A15 is not on the market, a couple were sold for car rental companies, as far as i heard it was too expensive , reached 115,000 L.E plus.

The chery dealer sells A11 models till now, priced at 58,900 L.E starting level!! while the dealer for the A5 now... sells it for 59,900 L.E ?! I'd prefer the A5 for sure. I just didnt get it, what chery is upto making here in our market... cuz you see, now we have 2 agents :D one selling A11 models, QQ's .... & the other, using the same chery logo, producing the A5, oriental sun models, but not under the name chery, under the name speranza...

so now, both are selling cars for chery, A11 for 58,900 L.E ... the other selling A5 for 59,900 L.E !? :lol: i see it funny. either one of them is loosing much money, or the other is gaining alot of money ...

welcome to chinacar forums egytuner :)

nice banner :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
THanks Admin :signed: ,
I visit chinacarforums since long time...its my main source for china made cars info :thumb: & cryptonx is a friend of mine actually. I love this forum... I really like where chery company is now, they are growing wide... gaining people's respect, rather than the silly Geely toys.

Edit: thats my car overthere :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I never heard of you before , stop attaching to ppl ! :p
hehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
hiii every body

Cam any one of tell me about the performance of this car or any information concerning the motor and suspention i alaready see this car it's great and too much options with great price but still we are afraid from chinese cars :nono:

·
Registered
43 Posts
mabroook ya man

fmohiy said:
thanks cryptonx for the kind words.
i just hope they deliver the car on time.

the stripped some options from the A5 to get to this price like no airbags and the A/C is analog not digital.

I just fear that they might raise the price before i get my car.

As for test drive, i actually didn't ask for one, i'm buying this car on faith(and a lot of research) and on the fact that if i sold the audio system and alloy wheels alone i would get 10,000 EGP from the car price:p
by the way, i heard a rumor that the A6 might increase to 130,000 EGP soon. Actualy at that price, it still might be a bargain compared to the galina.

Did you know this car (A5) have separate air vents for rear passengers?? i only saw this option on the BMW 5 series, not even on the 3 series.
This car ROCKS!!!

LONG LIVE CHINA

mabrook fmohiy = congrats;)

me to i am gonna to buy one A516
i saw it at elnozha showroom
it was :thumb:
i want from you some details about how they dealed with you ?

and r u sure about the options you told us about the A516 ?
remot , ABS .....??:eek:

coz when i was there i didnt ask anyone about anything !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are They Crooks?

For all those Egyptians reading this form:

- Well ... the car itself (with that price) is a steal. It's a great car with more than a great price.

- I didn't like the fact that they might be raising the price for those of us who booked the car only 1 week after the official release date (initially it was advertised at 59,900 EGP, now, only around 2 weeks later the agent representatives are saying they might increase it by around 5,000 EGP)

- You can book the car for around 20,000 EGP, which is around 30% of the price (regular booking price around here for cars is around 5%). What they give you in retun is just a lousy piece of paper saying you paid 20,000 EGP against the downpayment of a Speranza A516. This paper is filled out by hand (NO CONTRACT).

- Agent representatives aren't that professional at all.

Now - Some Consipracy theories (which might proove wrong.. or right):
Could this be "simply" a ripp-off? Could "someone" take our money and just fly away?? I'm starting to really get worried about that.

Does someone know that this Factory actually exists in Egypt? Any garuntees that this is "NOT" a ripp-off?

Awaiting replies (plz).

21 - 40 of 473 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.