China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's a great time for a great car show in a great town like Shanghai?

Can anyone tell us who are the manufacturers of these cars?

Springtime......what a great time to hit the road!

Willie Nelson's song is ringing in my ears...... "On the road again...."

I dream of a super highway that follows the Silk Road across China from Shanghai to Urumqi, or Kashgar, and beyond.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
dragin said:
I dream of a super highway that follows the Silk Road across China from Shanghai to Urumqi and beyond.
I once road my bike along that.

It was long, and interesting, especially Kashgar.

Kashgar holds all of the answers.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Infrastructure progress

That must have been a fantastic trip CCT. I'm envious. How many kilometers did you log?
What is the condition of the roads for say long haul trucking in that part of China? Are there any signs that China is trying to build some serious highway infrastructure there?
There seems to be some great potential for trans continental trucking as China and the Stans develop.

·
Registered
280 Posts
chinacartimes said:
I once road my bike along that.

It was long, and interesting, especially Kashgar.

Kashgar holds all of the answers.
Nice. I've been to Kashgar too, back in 2002. When did you go? It's a great Uighur cultural capital. It is being revived due to the new trade links with Central, South Asia and the Middle East.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think I went in 03. I cant remember. We did about 4k km in total, but it was fun!

All I remember is that nobody really took me for a foreigner, I fitted right in there with my brown hair/brown eyes. My blonde haired blue eyed North American friend was stared at constantly. Nobody speaks Mandarin out there.

Great place, terrible beer. Not quite China, not quite anywhere else. Great place, would love to go back again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
chinacartimes said:
I think I went in 03. I cant remember. We did about 4k km in total, but it was fun!

All I remember is that nobody really took me for a foreigner, I fitted right in there with my brown hair/brown eyes. My blonde haired blue eyed North American friend was stared at constantly. Nobody speaks Mandarin out there.

Great place, terrible beer. Not quite China, not quite anywhere else. Great place, would love to go back again.

Xinjiang is one of the most unique places in the world. It's the crossroads between Chinese and Islamic civilizations right in the heart of Central Asia.

Kashgar is very much Central Asia in every way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts