China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's said this car is using the existing 3.5lt and 5lt engine from Benz. Also, they are going to use Benz's 7 speed auto... So, it's going to be very pricey.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yeah I was thinking charger as well but its just the camo. I am oddly attracted to the Chairman and this thing looks world class, nice going Ssangyong!

·
Registered
11 Posts
1st pic: SsangYong Chairman (W200) rear uncovered!

1st pic: SsangYong Chairman (W200) rear uncovered!

Photos in The Car Fanatic site.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to post the photos or link, according the rules of this forum, because I don't have 10 posts yet.

"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more."

·
Registered
11 Posts
here they have more information:

site The Car Fanatic

Ssangyong releases teaser images of the new Chairman W (and it’s coming to the US!)
Posted by: theCarfanatic in SsangYong

"The Chairman W will have either a 3.6 or 5-liter gasoline engine and a 7-speed automatic transmission. Hyundai will release the Genesis, its first rear-wheel drive premium sedan, in January in Korea. It plans to export it to China and the U.S. next year. The Genesis will be equipped with either a 3.3-, 3.8- or 4.6-liter engine and have either a six- or seven-speed automatic transmission.

The Chairman W will compete with imported models such as Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus, Daimler’s Mercedes S-Class, BMW’s 7- Series and Audi AG’s A8 sedans, Choi Hyung Tak, Ssangyong’s chief executive officer said.

“We’ve thoroughly analyzed the Lexus LS430, Audi’s A8, BMW’s 750 and other potential competitors for the launch of this model,'’ Choi said. “Our aim is to compete with those world- class models, not with large local models.'’

1 - 20 of 32 Posts