China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am an MBA student who needs help finding Geely's market share and sales volume by year. Has anyone seen this information? I contacted the company but have not heard back yet. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
AmericanMBAstudent said:
Hello:

I am an MBA student who needs help finding Geely's market share and sales volume by year. Has anyone seen this information? I contacted the company but have not heard back yet. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Pat

welcome, if you search the forums you will find it. I remember some figures being posted long ago for this.

Welcome to CCF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Privately held, but publicly traded?

Hello:

My apologies in advance, but I may be missing something in translation. I am doing a research assignment on Geely and there are many statements that say Geely is a private company. At the same time, Geely is traded on the Hong Kong exchange. Are my missing something? Is a subsidiary of privately held Geely publicly traded? Does private not mean privately held?

Thanks in advance for and insight.

Pat

·
Registered
297 Posts
AmericanMBAstudent said:
Hello:

My apologies in advance, but I may be missing something in translation. I am doing a research assignment on Geely and there are many statements that say Geely is a private company. At the same time, Geely is traded on the Hong Kong exchange. Are my missing something? Is a subsidiary of privately held Geely publicly traded? Does private not mean privately held?

Thanks in advance for and insight.

Pat
hi pat,
Geely International Corporation is a large-scale subsidiary of Geely Group and the exclusive authorized exporter of Geely brand automobiles.
Geely Automobile (0175.HK) was successfully listed on the Stock Exchange Limited of Hong Kong on the date of May 10th, 2005

so basically geely is party publicly owned, and has major shareholders/owners and obviously some goverment ownership

1 - 6 of 6 Posts