I own FAW Vita (C1) since december 2007. I am admin of our russian "FAW Vita Club" forum - www . faw - vita . ru
Faw Vita is on sale in Russia since july 2007 - one year. All I can say - it`s the best chinese car selling in Russia in 9000-13000 USD
We have in our market: Chery Amulet - a lot of troubles in use and bad crash-test results Geely Otaka - the same as Chery Amulet Chery QQ- good car, IMHO small Lifan Breeze - a new model, half-done, a lot of complains BYD F3 - the same as Lifan Breeze
Other chineese cars is not popular in our country and you rarely find them on our streets
And finally my FAW Vita
1) reliability - the technical part of our forum is nearly empty (more about tuning or just empty flood). We know several troubles, the same for every FAW Vita
2) Faw Vita needs 6,4 litres/100km of 92-gas with 90kmh/2500-3000turns per min
3) Good dynamics (movement) and ergonomics
4) Toyota reserve parts compatible
1) Rust in several places on 1-1/2 year cars
here`s the one of our forum theme (with foto)
www . faw-vita . ru / viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
2) Bad FAW water pump for front glass. We all remove it and replace with Toyota pump.
3) Bad provision with reserve parts in Russia
4) Several small problems, that can be fixed in one visit in service
Finally, my IMHO - FAW Vita is a good car and I don`t plan to sell it for more 2-3 years.
Thank you for that very enlightening feedback on the Chinese products exported to your country.
Good luck with your Vita. I like the styling but I wish FAW would follow the standards of its partner, Toyota, when it coats the body.