China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After noticing that Porsche and Ferrari feature on this forum, I've decided to create a thread to showcase supercars in China and elsewhere. So, feel free to post photos of Lamborghinis and Ferraris and all those other makes in China and where you live.

In China

·
Registered
12 Posts
While there are cities all over the world where this is an everyday sight, this is special for China. Looks like they are Beijing plates. If it's not a dealer lot, then I wonder what brings over 20 million yuan worth of cars together...

Maybe it's the valet lot of a high end apartment complex, or a corporation's garage and these are management's cars. Though I would not be at all surprised to learn that it is part of one man's collection either.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to contribute, don't see many supercars here unless I am in Beijing or Shanghai. Hong Kong has an abundance of high end cars, but that feels more like an extension of London than a city in China.

Next time I see something special here I will take a picture for this thread.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't see many here in New Zealand. Although, where Ilive, there are places around where there are many more supercars around. I've seen lots of Porsches, Bentleys and a few Ferraris and a couple of Aston Martins. Both of them were DB9s. You have to go to the bigger cities like Wellington and Auckalnd to see cars like Lamborghinis and others.

I have some pictures of supercars I took whilst on a daytrip to Monaco when I went to France in April this year. I've seen cars like a Koeingsegg CCX, Lamborghini Diablo and Gallardo and others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haha, seems too many people drive their cars faster than their skills can allow. If we are posting supercar wrecks also, then someone should put up pics of some of the wrecked Enzo's. There are many good wreck pictures around on the internet, maybe we should start a separate thread for them.

The best one in my opinion was that European guy who wrecked one of his Enzo's (he had more than one) while racing it with his SLR McLaren in Southern California (just north of Malibu maybe?). The cars were in the country illegally, and in the process of being repossessed by some U.K. bank. The guy was being indicted on some corporate crimes or something. A long night of drugs and alcohol was found to play a part in the crash I think, and weapons might have been found as well if I remember correctly.

Anyways, it was a really crazy story. Hopefully the guy was actually as dysfunctional as the investigations portrayed him to be, otherwise he had a lot of bad press thrown his way unjustly.

Forensics said he hit the telephone pole at approximately 200mph. The accident scene was at least a mile or two long. The cockpit of the car was separated cleanly and was mostly intact, both occupants survived virtually unscathed. The rear end/engine was almost completely disintegrated however, and the telephone pole wasn't looking too healthy either.

Wish I could post some of the pictures, need to get my post count up I suppose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Camaro

Silverado

Traverse

now...in Santiago

nothing of another world

also, there are Pagani, Ferrari, Aston, Lambo, Lotus, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Maybach.....

·
Registered
706 Posts
McLaren is working on a new supercar selling for $200,000USD. Called the PC-430 or something like that. Check me on the name, but talk show host Jay Leno, who literally has hangars full of his own cars, is already signed up to get one. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds they're saying this new McLaren will do! He said he waited too long to pick us his McLaren F1, not gonna make the same mistake on this new one.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some pics from Nelson taken with my own camera. All are Porsche Cayennes.

These two taken a few days ago on the same street.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Today:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cool Car sightings ah?

few photos i've gotten and all from Manila, where the gap between rich and poor people is like heaven and hell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts