China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heared of syamoto and/or there prent company Yamwna? They had a minicar on ALIBABA and they have a new honda insight clone in production they say. I say this because they emailed me with announcements of hatchback & motorcycles. Anyone have information?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps just in case that other Santa Cruz guy comes calling, I got dibs. Go import atv's or EV-Smarts or something.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Danadrianrio

why you always look for clones manufacturers ? Going for those no name people meaning that you will have many things at stakes and compromised, I doubt that those people are even known in China.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I take it you know them

You have to understand the logistics behind it Mememe. I am no industry executive, Im not even a cheesy used car lot executive. The big chinese factories will have no respect for some foreigner who has no background even if he has money.

These guys wanna break in though. They have the product I need, and they wanna get big money like me. With them professionality isnt as much a requirement as being able to pay them. With these guys, they welcome me to the factory and test models no questions asked. With Lifan, Polarsun, even my favorite Haima, theres a lot of forms and background check and I cant deal with that. With the smaller no-names, they will accept my mail-order auto sales system and have even given the hints of a joint venture between my company and theres without even calling them up. Lifan wont even think twice. And Lifan, polarsun, etc. are expensive ass cars. Unless they wanna sell for usd. $4000, they wont last in Bolivia. These guys are cheap and will last. Hell seatbelts are hardly even used in my country as long as its car and affordable its good. (dosent apply to santa cruz where people have money)

And its not a terrible looking car. I'll post pictures up later.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah baby its straight gas. Syamotos one of the few motorcycle guys I kno that makes a gas car. pretty nice honda insight clone overall

·
Administrator
17,455 Posts
danadrianrico, I doubt this car would sell well in South America. People want cheap but yet family car with interior space big enough to accomodate at least four (better make it five) persons and solid trunk. And this vehicle on pictures is a city car not suitable for open roads and countryside. If you indeed decided to import this car at least add to the lineup around 8.000$ worth family sedan and maybe a van.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
martin_krpan said:
danadrianrico, I doubt this car would sell well in South America. People want cheap but yet family car with interior space big enough to accomodate at least four (better make it five) persons and solid trunk. And this vehicle on pictures is a city car not suitable for open roads and countryside. If you indeed decided to import this car at least add to the lineup around 8.000$ worth family sedan and maybe a van.
hey buddy you dont think I know that? however you arent so bright yourself.

If your such a bigger expert than me, and your not, I got 2 words that'll prove why this WILL succede after we add backseat : Volkswagon Beetle.

(I can assure you theres many in Bolivia)

And I have plans for add sedan and jeep to lineup. I got some more news: Vans are only good for tourist companies over there. Nobody uses them. Its all Pickups and Pajeros over there.

Believe me I know this stuff more than u.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
danadrianrico said:
hey buddy you dont think I know that? however you arent so bright yourself.

If your such a bigger expert than me, and your not, I got 2 words that'll prove why this WILL succede after we add backseat : Volkswagon Beetle.

(I can assure you theres many in Bolivia)

And I have plans for add sedan and jeep to lineup. I got some more news: Vans are only good for tourist companies over there. Nobody uses them. Its all Pickups and Pajeros over there.

Believe me I know this stuff more than u.

personal attack ? He was just offering some advices

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
listen up mememe. I get very touchy when people a. talk about my business decisions and b. when they claim to know more about the bolivian car market. Its not easy and the last thing I need is martin saying I need to introduce automatic yugos (van in bolivia dont mix).

ps anybody see the fribest jeep Im using? seriously this baby is SWEET I'll post a new topic l8r

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rally Red Lancer GTS said:
danadrian-what kind of gas mileage does this pup get? Is that a manual tranny lever there in the picture?
yea buddy its stick and I have no f**king idea. remember, Im just some idiot calling people I meet via alibaba.com.

·
Registered
706 Posts
danadrian-does Bolivia have any Mitsubishi Lancer's over there? I sure dig my '08 Lancer GTS. Mitsubishi has done a fine job with it. In the UK the '08 Lancer has recently received a very high mark with resale value. Usually Mitsubishi vehicle resale values drop like Hyundai's and Kia's, but expert raters in the UK now give the '08 and on Mitsubishi Lancer a mark near that of the Honda Civic! And we all know how people give Honda Civics an overly high mark, dont we?

What is the approximate population of Bolivia? If that car you show above holds up mechanically it seems well-suited for the Bolivian market. If you can turn and twist a good buy and sell mark, you could make it work, I would think. Let us know how it goes and good fortune to you in your endeavours, danadrian. Nice to see your enthusiasm, and, that will only help you in your pursuits, man. Now pop some Foghat in to your stereo, crank it up and get back to work, man!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts