China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
My car only has one wiper.

One of my other cars is a fiat cinquecento sporting, from 1995. It's a 1.1 litre/ 54hp little box on wheels and I think it is a great product. No ABS, airbags etc but cheap, light and fun to drive. Sadly they don't make a car quite like it anymore, even the new 500 or the panda are bigger, heavier and more expensive. Nearest equivalent I guess is the excellent Toyota Aygo / Peugeot 107 / Citroen C2.

This Tata Nano, my early research indicates that the Chinese are generally not working on anything smaller than the 800-1100cc cars they currently have, but I think if the NAno is successful you will see some frantic activity.

I was in London yesterday, saw a couple of those G-whizz electric cars. Smaller than the Nano, people said that wouldn't catch on, but it might do. There are also some new car rental companies who by using GPS and cardreader technology are now able to offer self service by the hour car rental and that is catching on. In those cases, where people don't own the car, they won't feel such an issue with whether it looks cheap or not.

·
Registered
450 Posts
This Tata Nano business has really got the industry interested. There are a few other manufacturers going into this kind of thing such as Renault Nissan teaming up with Bajaj.

Two cylinder 700 cc engine seems to be interesting because we are working on low cost fuel injection for single and twin cylinder engines of around this capacity on lawn mowers and similar applications, as well as small motorcycles.

So I thought........ what could we use to test the product to see if it would suit a small car.

And I bought.......... one of these: It's got a rear mounted 2 cylinder 704cc engine. Sound familiar?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts