China Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fast is it?

It seems all their web sites are packed full of pictures etc and so are very slow to load, if its usable in China then most of them must have very fast connections. So what sort of connection does a typical Chinese internet user have? (Just the connected ones - obviously a typical Chinese has none at all.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was in a newly built hotel in Shanghai's Zhangjiang Hi-tech Park (about 20km or 30 mins by cab from Pudong airport) and I think they offered the best and fastest FREE broadband wireless (WIFI) connection in their rooms. Simply boot up your wifi-enabled laptop. No passwords, cables or modems req'd. Btw, a double bed goes for US$33 per night!

China does censor some of the sites such as Wikipedia. Its a shame!

·
Registered
450 Posts
renyeo said:
China does censor some of the sites such as Wikipedia. Its a shame!
there is a piece of software called Torpark. Do a search for it and find a download. What it does is somehow reroute your connection to a randomised IP address. I don't claim to understand it and haven't used it but a mate has been on about it for ages, now he is able to get wikipedia, BBC, all those previously unavailable sites even within china and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so many!

lot of people use the ADSL 10M,
my home use the Chinatelecom's fiberglass 100M,and just 5 US$ per month.
my note book use the Chinamobile's HiFi,512K,8US$ per month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts