China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Excellent article on BYD of China, KiwiGuy. Thanks for that. To me BYD is an impressive new worldwide automaker and their e6 model has my rapt interest as a new all-electric car. This article is a keeper. Keep your eye on these guys, Mr. Warren Buffett apparently caught on to this fact a year ago. And he doesn't like to throw his money away, either.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Was the Honda Odyssey smaller in the Chinese version? As small as the new BYD e6? I've seen this discussed on CCF before but need a refresh on it, if anyone has any info. on this.

At any rate, all carmakers copy other carmakers. Some are just way more blatant about it. I for one want to see if the BYD e6 can really attain 250 miles on one charge. Also, what will the car cost in the U.S.? Some interest shown in the car from the SW desert of Arizona.

Nissan is aggressively working with govt. agencies and private companies to build all-electric car re-charging infrastructure. Mitsubishi is also spreading the all-electric word. One of Nissan's target points in the U.S. is the Tucson-Phoenix corridor, right in my neck 'o the woods. The Leaf is OK but I'm not really so interested in that all-electric car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts