China Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Landwind is a truck design bought from Isuzu - known as the Rodeo in the US - that is some 20+ years old! Comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges.

Take any truck based vehicle from 20 years ago and I bet you none will pass today's crash tests either.

With that said, the Landwind should really switch designs soon!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Landwind is a truck design bought from Isuzu
Isuzu never sold its design.

I bet you none will pass today's crash tests either.
Cherys and Geelys are built off VW Golf chassis from the 80s and Daewoo chassis from the 90s.

We already know Geely failed the US crash test, I wonder how Chery will fare.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As Landwind is just a copy of old 1990's Opel Frontera - so the results of crash tests are just THE SAME! I can't give you photo right now but actually they are not different. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Isuzu never sold its design

Uh, yes it did.

Jiangling, the company that makes the LandWind, is partially owned (12.5%) by Isuzu Japan and has been producing Isuzu-based products under license since 1984. At the moment all but one of Jiangling's products are directly based on Isuzus or are actual license-built copies of obsolete Isuzu designs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J
iangling, the company that makes the LandWind, is partially owned (12.5%) by Isuzu Japan and has been producing Isuzu-based products under license since 1984. At the moment all but one of Jiangling's products are directly based on Isuzus or are actual license-built copies of obsolete Isuzu designs.
Well, looks like GM must have a communication problem, as GM was investigating on this issue.

If Landwinds do have a proper license, then its' all fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts