China Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
closed to intellectual progress

Don said:
China may be on track for leapfrogging into PHEV and BEV cars, both for domestic and international markets.

The major Li battery manufacturers are in China. China has significant untapped lithium reserves. Oil is going up and the cost of the technology for Li batteries is going down. China has signifcant capacity to produce electricity cost-effectively using coal and biomass. China has a significant pollution problem especially in her major cities. China is at significant threat from the effects of global warming with major coastal cities and even for the global climate change naysayers, China wants to be percieved as part of the solution, not as the major problem.

Add that all together and a Chinese EV industry taking off domestically and worldwide seems almost inevitable to me.

I have asked this in another thread, but I would love to hear from Chinese posters what they think of this analysis.
Don you make a great point.
Yes, China is in a superb position to blaze a new path in automotive development. But I'm afraid that most Chinese youth/students don't get a chance to see suggestions like yours, much less the opportunity to reply to it. In fact generally speaking, I don't think they even get the chance to view any of the other dialogue that goes on here, and on other China-related automotive web forums.
It's a pity because the talent is there just waiting to blossom like a flower, given the right kind of official encouragement. And of course China and the rest of the world would reap the benefits.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.