China Car Forums banner

travelling china

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Nikita Thibodeaux 
#1 ·
My chinese friend told me that he read the news that korean is allowed to bring the car by ferry to china for a trip and after passing a car inspection in china, they will issue the local number plate. But I'm not sure coz I failed to find the news in korean news.

If this is true, I can dream of traveling the big land with my car.:rolleyes:
So, how are a road and a fuel condition in china? And is it safe to travel around the rural area by a car? :D

#2 ·
superidler said:
My chinese friend told me that he read the news that korean is allowed to bring the car by ferry to china for a trip and after passing a car inspection in china, they will issue the local number plate. But I'm not sure coz I failed to find the news in korean news.

So, how are a road and a fuel condition in china? And is it safe to travel around the rural area by a car? :D
welcome to chinacarforums superridler :)

Im not sure, but perhaps one of the other members can anwer your question better

#3 ·
Road conditions are not bad in China. Aside from very small villages, China today is interconnected with large highways that make driving easy. However you need to watch out for the driving of other cars, which may be suicidal.

Also, the Eastern part of China is probably far more developed and easy to drive in than the Western part of China which has many remote areas.

#4 ·
hitting the road in China

superidler said:
Here are a couple of links that will tell you something about the roads in China. The expressways I have traveled are just fine and many are on a par with Korea, but when you get into the rural outback expect miles of rough roads. As for fuel, it has a high sulphur content. To learn more, search this forum with the word "fuel".
With regards to personal safety, I think you have nothing to worry about.

Pack that little Korean-Chinese phrase book and go for it.....

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322&highlight=electric

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China_Business/HA05Cb01.html

#5 ·
thanks

thanks for info to you all..

It seems fine. May be I just need to make a good plan like any other trips. And actually I don't need the phase book as I have a chinese girl friend who I have had a relationship about 6 years... :rolleyes: She have never had a auto trip to the rural (had only near the city), so she doesn't know anything!!

That's also one of the reason why I'm intrested in the trip in china ......:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.