China Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good car tuner (surely there must be someone who can really tune up engines here) in Shanghai ?

Also the best place to go to buy car add ons, badges, accessories etc. ?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depends what level of 'tuning' you want. If you'd like proper modifications and have the money to do them PROPERLY, you should go to ASR out at Shanghai Tianma Circuit. Proper engine building and computer tuning. Has complete chassis tuning system (sights, 4 corner digital scales etc) as well as a DYNO.

No other logical choice for making your car really quick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shanghai Rohens said:
Can anyone recommend a good car tuner (surely there must be someone who can really tune up engines here) in Shanghai ?

Also the best place to go to buy car add ons, badges, accessories etc. ?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations !
We just start making progress with China tuners, but they mostly locate in Hong Kong area.

poweraxel.net coming next week..

For exterior upgrade replacing badges like KDM Korean Domestic Market is too small tune for us. We can help you purchase anything, but we don't do too much B2C. Still, I can help.

We tune ecu mostly in USA........reflash. Suspension upgrade, turbo or supercharger...anything can be arranged.

Company started in 1994 ~ present....too many credentials.

In Korea, we work at much greater scale of business working with Hyundai and Kia Motors, SK, LIG LG Insurance and too many other major corp. to post.

A module we develop reading ecu output signal from OBD diagnostic port transmit realtime streaming data via Bluetooth to any navigation, cell phone etc we contracted with. The unit call VID Vehicle Information Device~ currently working with Hyundai & Kia supplying core technology to KT Korea Telecom. Read any ecu signal like water temp, oil temp, speed, etc display to cell phone and can also lock/unlock doors, sunroof, trunk for cars equip with BCM module like Grandeur.

On Youtube : check with 4poweraxel to see more.

This unit will be base structure for Korean government to be use for "One day in a week not to drive car promotion" in order to reduce CO2 level and less cars on the road. Mon, Tu, Wed, Thu, Fri....any biz date with decal on the car can't not go to any government own parking facility. To give lower insurance rate, our VID unit recognize daily, weelky, monthly use in the flash memory chip.

Most recently, we work with SK M&C Marketing & Company whom they own 2,000 gas stations nationwide in Korea equip with AP network to have 2 way communication using our VID and update new info.

Future, this same unit will expand to digital hub market. Building electric cars with USA and China partners. Smart Grid biz in development.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Arvin !

We are already in touch re. the PA ECU reflasher ! I'm just waiting for you to tell me your testing in Dong Guan was successful and you have the basic tune logged so I can reflash back to the stock tune when having the car serviced and yse your basic tune (and all that extra WHP !) at other times !

BTW some issues getting re-badging wings etc. sent here as most Korean suppliers will only accept the PayPal billing address as the delivery address, whilst what actually happens for most expatriates is that the billing address is in their home country but they want the products they purchase sent to their residence in China ! Problem.

Looking forward to your email on the China version of your PA reflasher !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DTEK - but Tianma circuit ? I know the F1 circuit in Jiading (Anting) but Tianma ? I only know the golf course out there !

·
Registered
450 Posts
For youtube, use a vpn link to an outside source.

If you are a car enthusiast and didn't find tianma yet, shame on you! just kidding. I think the website is stc2002.com and you must go there, you can take the car for a thrash round the track for about 200 yuan for about 20 mins (2006 prices)

china dragon racing may have a shop there as well. knowledgable people who also race cars.

for 'shit & glitter' spoilers and stuff there used to be a place called shanghai jinbang. If you don't mind having the exhaust welded back together every 5 minutes.............

www.fightingtorque.com is not banned in china and has some tianma videos from 05 and 06 .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Signed up for a VPN - first time out it was great, since then it won't connect :confused:

Thank you very much for the links - I am definitely going to take my Genesis 2.0 turbo out there for a spin and some dyno testing !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shanghai Rohens*

Hey! Hows the car man? I might get the genesis coupe...

Its beautiful!!! but most chinese hate it not sure why...

Anyways are yours manual???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ariolz said:
Shanghai Rohens*

Hey! Hows the car man? I might get the genesis coupe...

Its beautiful!!! but most chinese hate it not sure why...

Anyways are yours manual???

I absolutely LOVE it ! People stop and look at it wherever I go. Most have no idea what it is. It is great around Shanghai - except for the suspension which is a little hard for Shanghai roads. The roads are really bad at the moment with all the road works going on for the 2010 World Expo but getting better every week. The power and acceleration leave almost everyone else standing which means you leave all potential trouble behind you :thumb:

I think most Chinese wouldn't like it for three reasons :-

a) it is really a two seater and Chinese often have 4 or 5 people in their cars (or more !). I've had a big waiguoren in the back holding his golf clubs but really only for very short trips otherwise they bang their heads on the rear window :D

b) they are used to very soft suspension and lots of space inside (hence why MPVs and SUVs are extremely popular here). The suspension is a little too hard for them (but fantastic for cornering at speed and stability at high speeds when on the freeways outside of Shanghai).

c) there are so many new or inexperienced drivers on the roads here and they are not used to driving a car with such a low view out of the front (no problem for me but my Chinese wife again prefers our MPV and sitting high up).

My car is an Auto (has to be for Shanghai rush-hours) but, as the transmission is similar to a Triptronic, I use it in manual mode more often than not. If I was buying only for me and my wife wouldn't be using it then I would definitely have bought the manual version (I prefer the 6 gears instead of the 5 that comes with this version of the auto transmission - the 3.8 gets a 6 gear auto transmission). I've made a few small changes to the engine which have pushed up the whp / torque as well - this is a very fast car.

Hyundai give the best warranty of any manufacturer, the car has a 5 star safety rating (inc. 6 air-bags) and was Car of the Year in 2009 ... and as you say it looks gorgeous !

Highly recommend it if you can live with the lack of space and harder suspension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh my my.... people talking about my company on forum!

So to say shortly, i am Pascal, owner of that small old dusty ugly shop on Shanghai Tianma Circuit and in that small dark hole that i am calling workshop have also ECU repairing, DYNO testing, engine balancing, welding of all type, prototype room, bench flow test table (broken at moment) and other small things that people normally dont like to have in China for some wierd reason.

Company name is Art of Speed Racing and this year is officially 18 years of ASR, (I feel a bit proud a bit a about that)

We also run very soon ASR Cup Racing Series for all foreigners that cant normally drive in China cause regulations of FASC.

Cheers!

Pascal

·
Registered
34 Posts
Shanghai Rohens said:
I absolutely LOVE it ! People stop and look at it wherever I go. Most have no idea what it is. It is great around Shanghai - except for the suspension which is a little hard for Shanghai roads. The roads are really bad at the moment with all the road works going on for the 2010 World Expo but getting better every week. The power and acceleration leave almost everyone else standing which means you leave all potential trouble behind you :thumb:

a) it is really a two seater and Chinese often have 4 or 5 people in their cars (or more !). I've had a big waiguoren in the back holding his golf clubs but really only for very short trips otherwise they bang their heads on the rear window :D

b) they are used to very soft suspension and lots of space inside (hence why MPVs and SUVs are extremely popular here). The suspension is a little too hard for them (but fantastic for cornering at speed and stability at high speeds when on the freeways outside of Shanghai).

c) there are so many new or inexperienced drivers on the roads here and they are not used to driving a car with such a low view out of the front (no problem for me but my Chinese wife again prefers our MPV and sitting high up).

My car is an Auto (has to be for Shanghai rush-hours) but, as the transmission is similar to a Triptronic, I use it in manual mode more often than not. If I was buying only for me and my wife wouldn't be using it then I would definitely have bought the manual version (I prefer the 6 gears instead of the 5 that comes with this version of the auto transmission - the 3.8 gets a 6 gear auto transmission). I've made a few small changes to the engine which have pushed up the whp / torque as well - this is a very fast car.

Hyundai give the best warranty of any manufacturer, the car has a 5 star safety rating (inc. 6 air-bags) and was Car of the Year in 2009 ... and as you say it looks gorgeous !

Highly recommend it if you can live with the lack of space and harder suspension.
grats man! i tested that car here in SZ 2 weeks ago and was impressed, would have been better if the m/t. suspension is just fine with me, softer than my car for sure. my gf was screaming at the backseat as i WOT and then slammed the brakes to feel the real stopping power and abs.

2.0 is nice, hope to test the 3.8 soon as i've heard it make great exhaust note.:thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts

Obviously, you don’t know what the hell you are talking about, the only way to make your car safer is lowering it , MPVs and SUVs are NOT safe at high speed nor cornering’s..!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh my my.... people talking about my company on forum!

So to say shortly, i am Pascal, owner of that small old dusty ugly shop on Shanghai Tianma Circuit and in that small dark hole that i am calling workshop have also ECU repairing, DYNO testing, engine balancing, welding of all type, prototype room, bench flow test table (broken at moment) and other small things that people normally dont like to have in China for some wierd reason.

Company name is Art of Speed Racing and this year is officially 18 years of ASR, (I feel a bit proud a bit a about that)

We also run very soon ASR Cup Racing Series for all foreigners that cant normally drive in China cause regulations of FASC.

Cheers!

Pascal
Hmmmm.. seeing you shop and your workmanship wonder if you know how to use the strange equipment… :nono:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts