China Car Forums banner

Tuners & Car Markets

9K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  raton 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good car tuner (surely there must be someone who can really tune up engines here) in Shanghai ?

Also the best place to go to buy car add ons, badges, accessories etc. ?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations !

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks Arvin !

We are already in touch re. the PA ECU reflasher ! I'm just waiting for you to tell me your testing in Dong Guan was successful and you have the basic tune logged so I can reflash back to the stock tune when having the car serviced and yse your basic tune (and all that extra WHP !) at other times !

BTW some issues getting re-badging wings etc. sent here as most Korean suppliers will only accept the PayPal billing address as the delivery address, whilst what actually happens for most expatriates is that the billing address is in their home country but they want the products they purchase sent to their residence in China ! Problem.

Looking forward to your email on the China version of your PA reflasher !

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Signed up for a VPN - first time out it was great, since then it won't connect :confused:

Thank you very much for the links - I am definitely going to take my Genesis 2.0 turbo out there for a spin and some dyno testing !

Discussion starter · #11 ·
ariolz said:
Shanghai Rohens*

Hey! Hows the car man? I might get the genesis coupe...

Its beautiful!!! but most chinese hate it not sure why...

Anyways are yours manual???

I absolutely LOVE it ! People stop and look at it wherever I go. Most have no idea what it is. It is great around Shanghai - except for the suspension which is a little hard for Shanghai roads. The roads are really bad at the moment with all the road works going on for the 2010 World Expo but getting better every week. The power and acceleration leave almost everyone else standing which means you leave all potential trouble behind you :thumb:

I think most Chinese wouldn't like it for three reasons :-

a) it is really a two seater and Chinese often have 4 or 5 people in their cars (or more !). I've had a big waiguoren in the back holding his golf clubs but really only for very short trips otherwise they bang their heads on the rear window :D

b) they are used to very soft suspension and lots of space inside (hence why MPVs and SUVs are extremely popular here). The suspension is a little too hard for them (but fantastic for cornering at speed and stability at high speeds when on the freeways outside of Shanghai).

c) there are so many new or inexperienced drivers on the roads here and they are not used to driving a car with such a low view out of the front (no problem for me but my Chinese wife again prefers our MPV and sitting high up).

My car is an Auto (has to be for Shanghai rush-hours) but, as the transmission is similar to a Triptronic, I use it in manual mode more often than not. If I was buying only for me and my wife wouldn't be using it then I would definitely have bought the manual version (I prefer the 6 gears instead of the 5 that comes with this version of the auto transmission - the 3.8 gets a 6 gear auto transmission). I've made a few small changes to the engine which have pushed up the whp / torque as well - this is a very fast car.

Hyundai give the best warranty of any manufacturer, the car has a 5 star safety rating (inc. 6 air-bags) and was Car of the Year in 2009 ... and as you say it looks gorgeous !

Highly recommend it if you can live with the lack of space and harder suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.