·
Administrator
17,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
At first, I thaught the second one was a 3-wheeler, but I think it has diamond-dispatched wheels, just like the drawing of a coach from the 30s by Gabriel Voisin or a prototype shown at the Paris Auto Show in 1996 by the late Philippe Charbonneaux.
The body is also a rip-off from Charbonneaux's car.

The SUV is just ugly. Good thing they didn't produce it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The first model is the Pioneer (Xianfeng) CFA 2030E/ CFA 2030F. The suv was shown as a prototype at the Shanghai Salon 2005, but never taken into production.
The second one is a version fo the diamond dispatched wheels model from the Hunan University. At the Beijing Show 2008 there were two concepts from this university, one newer version of this diamond four wheeler and a normal sedan.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Laofan,
As usual we thank you for the clarification.

I'm guessing the Pioneer is a Changfeng-ized Mitsubishi Pajero? Am I right?

Joest, I actually like the nose that they designed for it. It's too bad they didn't stay with it. It's got a bold look..... fitting for a rugged SUV.

The Hunan University "great new concept" was shown in Detroit in 2007 beside the Changfeng display. There it went by the name Rhombus.

I wonder if it was Hunan U that designed the nose of the Pioneer.

Joest can you show us a photo of the Charbonneaux car?

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here is Charbonneaux's Ellipsis from 1996. I thaught it would be closer to the Hunan university's car.:eek:

The grey one is the Pininfarina PFX from 1961, it also has diamond-shaped wheels

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts