China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Geely Owner

Dear Friends,

It's a little bit hard to fully illustrate why should ONE buys a Chinese car.
Let me first admit that I'm one of those who bought a Geely (Haoqing 300 – 3 cylinders 1046 cc.) about 22 months ago.

When I took that step towards entering the unknown world of Chinese cars I have two things in mind; first I admire the always-growing Chinese industry. Second, I wouldn't imagine a car plant that costs many millions of dollars to last for a year or so only, a car plant is built to last as I think heavy industry should. Furthermore, I've come to know via so many car owners that all types of cars (of so many types) which are imported into Egypt are not qualified; they never resemble those cars in neighbour countries like Saudi Arabia or even Libya.

So, what I'm trying to say, Chinese cars are still young and ONE mustn't expect a lot from them. The only reason for me ever to hate Chinese cars would be their Agents and distributors in Egypt in particular. Geely's Agent is not doing well at all, the guys in (the one and only) service center are not qualified. It seems to be the eternal problem of mistrust between those traders who focus on money rather than reputation and we, ordinary consumers, who need our bought goods to last for some reasonable period of time. Besides, Geely itself is losing it's small share of ground in Egypt for not changing the profile of its web site to serve clients, not changing its poor quality service center and the absence of spare parts stores in Egypt.

Please Geely, do not make us regret choosing your cars. I can always trust your goods as I previously did if you just think of us as participants of success not merely consumers and money payers.

Bahaaeldin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ex-Geely owner

CAUTION:

be careful of china cars, especially geely brand. my husband was posted to shanghai for work and while there we bought a geely car. it was quite cheap, about 60,000 chinese renminbi (about 12,000 singapore dollars). less than a year and before clocking 10,000km, the car needed extensive overhaul. we had to write it off as a VERY bad investment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have noticed one thing that all bad comments are coming for the HQ model of Geely. No body said anything bad about the CK. HQ was the old (or might be the first) model of Geely, while Geely CK is a newer one.

I hope its better than the HQ and Geely have learned from the deficencies and mistakes in its earlier cars.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Indeed, I heard quite a number of complaints about Geely's quality, I remember one said Geely car's exhaust pipe fell off on the road. You see I am not sure, probably it is a made up story but who knows

Btw Wendy, please do not generalise this for all Chinese made cars, not all Chinese made cars are like Geely. Chery QQ is really welcomed in many countries, so far I never heard any complaints about Chery QQ from those in Singapore or any from Pakistani, except for its high fuel consumption, other than that they said Chery QQ is really a comfortable cars even in long journey, compact, no major breakdowns or anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Geely spare parts - where Club Ukraine Geely can find seller?

Hi, All!
Can anyone help our Club find seller(s) Geely spare parts? Club owners have CK-1 with 40 thousandth millage without any seriously problem, but some parts require exchange.

Also, can anyone help with purchase service manuals, catalogs for maintenance and repairs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Introduce distributors for Geely in Singapore

Hi,
I would like to buy Geely car. However, I do not know where I can buy it. And I also want to know the sales volume Geely gets in 2007. So based on that, I can make the choice to buy it. How many years for warantty, and is there any advantages if I buy this car, for example the insurances, after sales? Plz give me the opinion!!!
Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
planning 2 buy geely what about geely?plz post ur comments

hi guys
i'd like 2 ask u some questions about geely CK cars
1-quality ??
2-is there AIR CONDITIONER in geely cars ?
3-electonics of the car ?
4-Engine & tires & brake ??

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
mohammed_iraq said:
hi guys
i'd like 2 ask u some questions about geely CK cars
1-quality ??
2-is there AIR CONDITIONER in geely cars ?
3-electonics of the car ?
4-Engine & tires & brake ??
Welcome to CCF mohammed. Are you in Iraq? how popular are chinese cars in Iraq?

you can get AC in some cars, quality is still in testing , need more consumer reviews but compared to other chinese cars, the quality seems a little lower. There is info on all the engine and some electronic specs in this subforum.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
السلام عليكم - هل هناك شخص عربي ارجو ان يعطي &

السلام عليكم
انا من العراق و اريد ان اسأل عن السيارة الجيلي Geely من حيث
1-المتانة
2-المحرك
3-هل تستهلك الكثير من الوقود
4-كم سنة عمر السيارة و تنتهي ؟
5-كهربائيات السيارة
6-كم سلندر بالسيارة 4 سلندر
7-كم سعر اليارة بالدولار؟
ننتظر ردكم

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi ash
iam asking the arabic members in this forum about geely cars
quality
tires
machine
electronics of the car

the price of the car in $ plz

·
Registered
19 Posts
مرحبا ً محمد
أنــا اسمي
ali-khierbeck

من سوريا

سوف أجيب على أسئلتك كافة
أولا ً سيارة جيلي متينة و قوية و اقتصادية
فهي تستهلك من الوقود 20 ليتر في الــ 280 كم
و محرك السيارة جبار جدا ً و أنـــا من أشد المعجبين به
و السيارة 4 سلندر و سعرها في سوريا 12000 دولار
و بالنسبة لعمر السيارة الذي يحدده هو السائق فإذا كان السائق عطوف على سيارته دامت سنوات كثيرة
و للعلم سيارة جيلي منتشرة في سورية بشكل كبير جدا
حيث تحتل سورية المركز الأول في الشرق الأوسط و الوطن العربي بامتلاكها لسيارات جيلي

I'm sorry ... very sorry for write in Arabic

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Ali-khierbeck:

No problem.....and thank you for the feedback.:)

With the help of Google and other online translation services, anyone interested can get your idea. The translation below is a bit rough but the main thought comes through.
------------------------------------------------------
My name is Anna
Ali-khierbeck

From Syria

Will answer all your questions
First car Jelly solid and strong economic and
They consume fuel 20 liters per 280 km
And the engine of the car and I am very Jabbar of the most admirers of
Salander 4 and the car price and $ 12000 in Syria
And for the age of the vehicle is determined by the driver if the driver was caring for his many years of
For information and car Jelly spread in Syria is a very large
Since Syria occupies first place in the Middle East and the Arab nation owning cars Jelly

·
Registered
10 Posts
شكرا اخ الخيربيك
اعتقد ان السيارة منتشرة في سوريا لانها رخيصة
نحن بالعراق نملك سيارات مختلفة غالية و رخيصة و السيارات اللي تأتي للعراق حاليا موديل 2006-2007 و اسعارها اضعاف سعر سيارة الجيلي
من السيارات الحديثة بالعراق عندنا هي
jeep cherokee
chevrolet
& others
هاي الانواع اللي انا ذكرتها موديلات حديثة و غالية جدا
هل توجد بسوريا؟

21 - 40 of 43 Posts