China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone sent me this pic. it seems to me was in China long ago, before car massification. Indeed guess nowadays no one would applaude so happily a car in China.
My question is simple, what car is this?

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
68 Posts
I recall seeing this car in a picture many years ago. Was it called the "Peace"? (Or am I mixing it up with something else?) That scoop on the back suggests it was rear engined. The picture I can recall showed it quite clearly.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It is the Jinggangshan 2-door prototype at its introduction day, June 20, 1958. The car was made by Beijing Auto Works and was based on a VW Beetle platform. Also the (rear) engine was a VW copy. This prototype is still existing and was in factory hands, but it is recently sold to an unknown private car collector. I was happy to see the prototype in 1998, at the factory.
Beijing Auto made a four-door production model, 154 were made from 1959-1968. I don't think that there is one left.
You can find the car in my book "Cars and 4x4s from Beijing and Tianjin".
Greetings!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What car is this? Two others unidentified

I found these images long ago. i had them in old diskettes which I thought I would never have again the chance to open.
I'm not sure if these are old chinese cars or from somewhere else.
First:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

The background landscape seems to me in China. But perhaps it's in Japan or Korea. Perhaps it's an old japanese model, or maybe not.

Second:
Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

This one seems to me american, from 1950's. But license plate seems to me to be an old chinese. An import?

What cars are these? Eric, do you have any idea?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
This is easy, PMGJ.
The first car is the Dongfanghong BJ760. Based on the contemporary Volga M21, with a copy of the Wolga 2445cc engine (the same as in the Beijing BJ212), the car was introduced at April 1, 1960. Your photo is taken on Tian'anmen, the national square in Beijing. 239 units were made between 1960 and 1969. We thought all cars were lost, but Mr. Luo Wenyou found one back and has it exhibited in his museum; see http://www.chinesecars.net/index.php?page=60.
The second car is the Beijing CB4 (both cars are made by the Beijing Auto Works), the second version. This model appeared in 1959. Only 22 were made between 1959-1962. One can be found in the FAW collection, but is not exposed. The collection is now totally closed for public, only about 10 cars are on display in a kind of Hall of Fame. The CB4 is not included.
This picture is also taken on Tian'anmen, in the background the Great Hall of the People. I don't stop saying it, you can find all these cars back in my book "Cars and 4x4s from Beijing and Tianjin".
Greetings,

About Dongfanghong:
http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/05/04/history-the-dongfanghong-cars-from-china/
http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/05...anghong-yituo-cars-copies-of-the-fso-polonez/

Yituo LT5022

Yituo LT 5021, the wagon-version of the LT 5022

Dongfanghong LT6390

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Internet provides us images from cars we never suspected they existed. I found two other vehicles which I would someone to identify. If possible I also would like to know when were they produced.

First surely an artisan era Chinese car.
View attachment 1551

And now an old truck.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
This is the first prototype of the Hongqi (Red Flag), introduced on August 2nd, 1958. This six-seater was strongly influenced by the 1955 Chrysler Imperial C69. Only one car was made, completely by hand. The license registration was "2*4211 test". The grill was inspired by a Chinese fan, the rear lights by Chinese lanterns.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot, Erik. By watching more carefully this first prototype already has the front fin as newer Hongqis have. I should had guessed it's an old Hongqi.

And what about the truck? Any idea?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts