China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Chinese cars are unavailable in most of Europe. You can't buy one in France, nor Germany or Switzerland. 2 models are available in Italy, but at the Paris motor show earlier this month, there wasn't a single chinese car...

·
Registered
938 Posts
holland - landwind
italy - great wall, gonow, shuanghuan, chery (as dr motor), dongfeng, lifan, changhe, omb bambi ( small faw commercial vehicles)
germany - brilliance, gonow, jonway, changhe,dongfeng
croatia - great wall, xinkai, dongfeng
bosnia and herzegovina - great wall, gonow, xinkai, hafei,dongfeng, sma maple, soyat, geely
serbia - great wall, chery, shunaghuan, new geely taxi tx4, dongfeng
slovenia - shuanghuan, small quantities of great wall, dongfeng
spain - shunaghuan
grecce - dongfeng, shuanghuan, lifan
montenegro - great wall
albania - great wall
switzerland - dongfeng
czech republic - gonow, dongfeng, very soon zx auto, there was also a company which start selling of many other brands, in poland as well, but i don't know what happend to them and how many cars came there
sweden - dongfeng
lithuania - dongfeng
great britan - dongfeng, very soon again mg and great wall
i am sorry but i forgot also many other brands which i can't remember now, also is some of countries many brands aren't avalaible anymore or very soon it will be offered new models

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have no info about Dongfeng being available in Switzerland nor Germany, or the UK. Is that with a private importer?

Only Brilliance was imported in Germany for a while, but some dealers have closed, maybe all of them, I'm not sure. Landwind has also stopped in Holland, and besides Italy where DR Motors has some success, Chinese cars are unavailable in Western Europe.

·
Registered
938 Posts
green car driver said:
I have no info about Dongfeng being available in Switzerland nor Germany, or the UK. Is that with a private importer?

Only Brilliance was imported in Germany for a while, but some dealers have closed, maybe all of them, I'm not sure. Landwind has also stopped in Holland, and besides Italy where DR Motors has some success, Chinese cars are unavailable in Western Europe.
well...me as importer have much more informations :) , dongfeng sell even electric models in germany

here is photo of "das elektro auto" :thumb: , in switzerland there are selling thru one suzuki dealership

brilliance now have other company who is responsible for warranty, service and other, that new company establish a gentelman who work in that HSO motors before as homologation expert, brilliance is still selling in germany, at least that old stock of cars, while during 2011 year there will be new models as well

landwind just recently one more time start selling in holland, with new cv9 MPV, also they just publish thru media that new car will one more time be tested by ADAC, this time i hope that landwind will have better result

·
Registered
58 Posts
micodelija said:
dongfeng sell even electric models in germany

here is photo of "das elektro auto" :thumb: , in switzerland there are selling thru one suzuki dealership
I checked the address of the website on the car,

https://www.stadtwerke-sw.de/

They don't sell cars, so a Suzuki dealership, you say. That's not enough to make a car available in one country.

What western-European customers expect is an importer at a national level, providing warranties and organizing distribution, with dealers in most big cities. No Chinese brand is offering that as of today in Western Europe.

Some dealers are trying to sell Chinese cars at a city-level, but it's very difficult (and it will get worse) without a importer at the national level (or European level).

The Chinese brand who has the most potential in Europe is Geely. With Volvo they have dealers, and I guess they will try to convince their dealers somehow to sell Geely cars also, most likely in separate stores.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I checked the address of the website on the car,

https://www.stadtwerke-sw.de/

They don't sell cars, so a Suzuki dealership, you say. That's not enough to make a car available in one country.

What western-European customers expect is an importer at a national level, providing warranties and organizing distribution, with dealers in most big cities. No Chinese brand is offering that as of today in Western Europe.

Some dealers are trying to sell Chinese cars at a city-level, but it's very difficult (and it will get worse) without a importer at the national level (or European level).

The Chinese brand who has the most potential in Europe is Geely. With Volvo they have dealers, and I guess they will try to convince their dealers somehow to sell Geely cars also, most likely in separate stores.
that website which you check is a customers website :D, there are several independent importers of dongfeng in whole europe and their whole dealerships network

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody...
Im from Pakistan and a great fan of the Chinese cars. In Pakistan Chery QQ3 and Geely CK was introduced in 2005. They sold cars until 2007 then the dealership netywork was vanished. Few remaining Chery QQ3 were sold until 2009. The availability of parts and service network was a big issue. In 2009 Chery vanished from Pakistan. I had a QQ3 and loved it. Chery signed a deal with Karakoram motors in December last year to start CKD operations in Pakistan. So Chery is back and we are very excited about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pakistan is a big importer of chines cars, trucks and buses. Bangladesh and Srilanka is also importing chines vehicles and China has a big market here in these countries.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are number of Chinese cars brands sold in Pakistan too. You people didn't mentioned here, I saw number of Commercial vehicles here in Pakistan, Like
Dongfeng Motor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
In Argentina we have (an had too):
DFM trucks (in the past Dongfeng Motors) from 2004? (I've seen one Dongfeng truck with 1999 license plates) to the present.
Lifan: 2016 to the present. Models: Foison Cargo, Foison Truck, X50, X60.
Geely: 2016 to the present. Models: LC, LC Cross, 515 sedan, Emgrand sedan.
Chery: 2008 to the present. Models: QQ, Tiggo, Fulwin, Skin, Face.
Wuling: Probably 1997 to 2001, most likely by a local commercial vehicles importer. As far as I know, they only imported the LZW1010 van, in panel van and passenger van bodyworks, with high roof.
Sanxing Motor: 1996 to 1997, imported by the same way as the Wuling, only the Sanxing Delta truck.
Foton: 2016 to the present. Models: Tunland crew cab pick-up, with Cummins engine.
JMC (Jiangling): 2016 to the present. Only Isuzu-based trucks.
Nanjing Yuejin: 1995 to 2001. Models: NJ130-series.
Chang'an: Assembly plant from 1998 to 2001. Models: SC1010 pick-up.
Yantai: Assembly plant, the same as the Chang'an. From 1998 to 2002. Models: YTQ-series truck.
People ask me: Why a lot of Chinese vehicle brands in Argentina in the '90s? The answer is this:
In the early nineties, the president Carlos Saúl Menem, taking advantage of the fall of the Communist bloc, it began importing objects from countries such as Russia, Romania, China, etc. The work has go down, the imports were too bigger (like cars, trucks, machinery, tools, color TVs, etc.) and the imports from the CIS and Eastern countries were more, more and more. Finally, in the early 2000's, the economical crisis began, the imports stopped and "good bye Dacia, good bye Lada, good bye Chang'an, etc."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts