China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bingo................

You are correct, sir.................it is indeed the Mazda Family (yes, that's the name for the car). It actually is the 323/Protege that Mazda has been selling in China for a few years now, with some updates (mostly cosmetic) and a new name - and ALSO with a lower price (starting prices are around 80-85,000rmb). I've ridden in one.........very quiet, good power from the 1.6 engine and VERY comfortable. Toyota should be careful.........with a good ad campaign this car can DEFINTELY compete with the Corrolla (although the Corrolla is a bit more upscale with it's interior amenities) when it comes to a quiet, comfortable ride and responsive power from the 1.6 engine - and a fully loaded model is about 40,000rmb LESS than a comparably equipped Corrolla.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You mean..........

If you're talking about the sport model (the little brother of the Mazda 6)..........yes, it's available here. However, there were some problems here upon arrival here last year and they "suspended" production for a time - I believe it's back in production now. The Mazda 6 is also here, it's been here for a couple of years now and it's decently popular.

It seems like Mazda is a bit "under the radar" here.......the people I know who own them just love them but other than that you just don't see a lot a advirtisements for them. Mazda needs a really good ad campaign here.......I really think they could be a viable (and cheaper) alternative to Toyota or Nissan. They'll never pass them up, but they COULD earn a few more points of market share if they would market their vehicles more effectively.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts