China Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear sir
a big company is interested to import cherry qq and other models to the middle east and africa.
what is the price for the chery qq in usd for export as well as all other models of chery brand.
regards

·
Registered
772 Posts
The lowest priced model starts at $3700. But Chery won't sell you one at that price since they lose money at that price. Around $4500 is the lowest you can pay for a stripper model, with hand-crank windows, manual transmission, no AC, no radio, no nothing, etc. Then add the cost of shipping and your warranty reserve(Chery have the second worst quality in China and have a 70% defective ratio out of factory, and you have to repair with your money, so do reserve $3,000 to pay for warranty repairs), so the minimum price you can sell a QQ in Africa is like $9,000.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about others?

Could you tell me your opinion about the quality of other Chinese cars (or manufacturers)? Is there any Chinese manufacturer making cars with a quality close to Korean cars?

Which are the best/the worst manufactured models?

Thank you.

·
Registered
772 Posts
umax said:
Could you tell me your opinion about the quality of other Chinese cars (or manufacturers)?
Foreign brand cars manufactured in China are OK, Chinese brand cars are to be avoided at all cost.

Is there any Chinese manufacturer making cars with a quality close to Korean cars?
It depends on which "Korean" car you are talking about. Hyundais regularly beat Toyotas in quality surveys, while the rest of bunch(GM Daewoo and Ssangyong) do not perform. Even so, the worst Korean car has better quality than the best Chinese-brand car.

Which are the best/the worst manufactured models?
Best : Japanese brand cars manufactured in China.
Worst : 1. Geely 2. Chery. There must be worse cars out there than Geely, but they are too small to be detected.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just remember..........

umax, PLEASE keep in mind that our fellow poster RIHC is a true "expert" when it comes to chinese cars - which is pretty amazing considering the fact that he has NEVER EVEN BEEN TO CHINA!!!!!! He has never seen, sat in, or driven ANY CHINESE CAR AT ALL. Remember this as you read his posts, ok?

Members here like fightingtorque, chinacartimes and a few others are people you should listen to..........they have either lived here (or are currently living here) and have first hand experience. I also live here (in Nanning) and I also have posted from time to time my personal experiences with chinese cars. People like RIHC are welcome to post their opinions of course.........and many times RIHC makes some very valid and informed points of view. HOWEVER, when he posts a statement like "chinese cars are to be avoided at all costs", that is simply INACCURATE and INSULTING. While chinese cars are not superior to any of the imports or chinese-built foreign cars, they are BY NO MEANS bad cars!! They are improving VERY quickly, and in a few years they WILL be comparable in terms of quality to most of the imported cars being sold in China.

Anyway, WELCOME to chinacarforums, umax - enjoy your time here!!!:)

·
Registered
772 Posts
jmsteiny said:
umax, PLEASE keep in mind that our fellow poster RIHC is a true "expert" when it comes to chinese cars - which is pretty amazing considering the fact that he has NEVER EVEN BEEN TO CHINA!!!!!!
Guessing what Chinese cars of 2007 are like isn't too hard; just fast forward to mid 80s and recall Hyundai Excels and Dodge Colts. Never seen a Chinese car, but I fully understand what they are like.

Members here like fightingtorque, chinacartimes and a few others are people you should listen to..........
They don't understand what a driver in a developed market wants, and see that Chinese brand cars are decades behind global brand cars in terms of quality, safety and performance.

they are BY NO MEANS bad cars!!
Chinese brand cars of 2007 are comparable to Japanese cars of late 80s, Chery included. I won't even say 90s because in early 90s you already had cars like 1993 Toyota Camry which is still beyond Chinese cars of 2007.

The only exception to above statement I have seen is Roewe 45.

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK then.............

I will try NOT to digress here too much..........so I won't enter into a lengthy debate with RIHC. I DO have one question though............in order to find out if you have ANY real world, tactile experience about your aforementioned cars (late 80's Hyundai Excel/Dodge Colt) - have you ever driven one of those? I have - I owned a 1988 Hyundai Excel (bought it new) which I've mentioned many times in this forum. My point is this - THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN THOSE CARS AND TODAY'S SIMILAR SIZED CHINESE CARS. Today's 1.3 engines in chinese cars are MUCH more responsive (and get better gas mileage) than my old Hyundai, the handling is better, the comfort is better (a small fan and a piece of ice was more effective than the a/c in my old Hyundai)....the list goes on and on.

Now, if you HAVE driven an old Excel/Colt RIHC, then I will be happy to say that you have SOME experience with what you're talking about, ok? Until then, PLEASE be careful about which part of the body your speaking from!!:D

·
Registered
772 Posts
jmsteiny said:
have you ever driven one of those?
But I had seen plenty of those and was in a friend's old Excel once in my high school days.

When I see the pic of a Chinese car, the word 80s keep popping up in my mind. Because I used to drive a 93 Camry before totaling it and Chinese brand cars of 2007 are clearly inferior to that one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
But I had seen plenty of those and was in a friend's old Excel once in my high school days.
So, you can tell that Korean cars of the 80s are as good as Chinese cars of today because...
a) you sat in a Hyundai Excel once, a while ago
b) you have seen photos of Chinese cars

Well, my grandma had a 1988 Mercedes-Benz, which I rode in a few times. And just the other day, I saw a Korean luxury car on a TV soap opera (the wife loves those Korean soaps). And to be honest, I couldn't see much of a difference between them.

How daft does that comment sound? Much the same as yours.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well, my grandma had a 1988 Mercedes-Benz, which I rode in a few times. And just the other day, I saw a Korean luxury car on a TV soap opera (the wife loves those Korean soaps). And to be honest, I couldn't see much of a difference between them.
The only difference is that particular Korean luxury car is on the US road and you probably had seen it before, and might have taken a ride already. So you know that Korean luxury car is nothing like that 88 Mercedes, unless it happens to be a Ssangyong that rides on a 1982 S-class chassis.

How daft does that comment sound? Much the same as yours.
Since both Chery(QQ and Son of Orient) and Geely ride on old Daewoo chassis from the 90s, it isn't hard to figure out how Chery and Geely drives, since all the Daewoos on which Chery and Geely are based on were for sale in the US in the late 90s and you can still see examples in town.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, it was indeed a Ssanyong Chairman.

And by looking at the picture, and generalising a little, I can safely say that the quality of Korean cars is clearly inferior to that of the totaled 1983 BMW 5 Series I bought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you

jmsteiny said:
umax, PLEASE keep in mind that our fellow poster RIHC is a true "expert" when it comes to chinese cars - which is pretty amazing considering the fact that he has NEVER EVEN BEEN TO CHINA!!!!!! He has never seen, sat in, or driven ANY CHINESE CAR AT ALL. Remember this as you read his posts, ok?

Members here like fightingtorque, chinacartimes and a few others are people you should listen to..........they have either lived here (or are currently living here) and have first hand experience. I also live here (in Nanning) and I also have posted from time to time my personal experiences with chinese cars. People like RIHC are welcome to post their opinions of course.........and many times RIHC makes some very valid and informed points of view. HOWEVER, when he posts a statement like "chinese cars are to be avoided at all costs", that is simply INACCURATE and INSULTING. While chinese cars are not superior to any of the imports or chinese-built foreign cars, they are BY NO MEANS bad cars!! They are improving VERY quickly, and in a few years they WILL be comparable in terms of quality to most of the imported cars being sold in China.

Anyway, WELCOME to chinacarforums, umax - enjoy your time here!!!:)
Thank you all.

As of now, I've started conducting research for my company, in order to see which Chinese manufactured models could suit the Eastern Europeans markets. Right now I can only judge Chinese cars from the pictures. And some of them are looking great. As a rezult, I will probably visit China in July during the Changchun International Automobile Expo between 13th - 22th. This way I will probably get to better understand their qualities and faults.

So, I'll be reading this forum a lot from now on.

By the way, I asked in another topic how important is the Changchun International Automobile Expo for the automobile market? I hope to meet there most of the important Chinese car manufacturers. Are my expectations correct? :confused:

Thank you again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts