China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hello PGMJ, it is one of the two cars which are made long ago in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. The car was called Xiwu and made in 1959. That is all I know. The other car was called Qiantangjiang JT760 and made by the Hangzhou Auto Works in 1970. This second model was a typical square product of cars made during the Cultural Revolution. I have inserted these cars from Zhejiang, together with the Dengta N-101 from Ningbo (October 1958), in my Shanghai book (http://www.chinesecars.net/content/shanghai-saloons-artisan-era) as they are from a neighbouring province. There are also some cars from Jiangsu province in this book.

First picture: Yemingzhu CNG (1997) equipped with home made CNG engine. One unit remained (the blue one from the picture) and is exhibited in the Chengdu Industrial Civilization Museum.
Second picture: Yemingzhu based on the YMX1010 pickup. See my history document: "Made in China. Lost small cars of the 1990s" (http://www.chinesecars.net/content/made-china-lost-small-cars-1990s-0)

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)
By the way, in the '80s China brought more than 10.000 units of the Polski-Fiat 126P, in a deal (for example, one car = 1.000 kgs. of rice) between Poland and China.
In Argentina was the same with the Dacia 1410, they've made the same deal, but with Romania (in that moment, one car = 1000 liters of sunflower oil and 500 kg. of meat).
But the Dacia's weren't the big thing (a poorly assembled Renault 12) and the deals ended in 2000.
Here are the Fiat 126P's on China:

The yellow ones are for taxi companies.

Factory brochure of the FSM 126P sold in China (probably 1982).

Your friend is right, it is the Jiangbei JJ710, a prototype developed in June 1986. It never came into production. Jiangbei produced another car in stead, the Shenjian (or Meilu) JJ720 based on the contemporary Subaru Rex (or Jumbo). As you probably have guessed, you can find all the cars made by Jiangbei at that time in my 1990s small car document.
(technically it is possible that the car on the photo is not a Jiangbei product, but just a re-badged Fiat 126P).

Discussion starter · #36 · (Edited)
I don't think that is a rebadged version, see the FSM 126P of the post #33, and the Jiangbei.
The Jiangbei doesn't have door handles, but it has a Fiat Uno door handle system (of the 3-door version, the first generation Fiat Panda's had that system too), also it has different wheels, it doesn't have the side indicators, and it doesn't have mirrors.
For comparison between our Jiangbei and the 126P you also have this:

Those were used as taxis in Beijing, late '80s, there are a few 126Ps still alive. Mostly were for taxi companies, few people can had them on private hands.

Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
About the 126, here it was made as the "Fiat 133", made with Seat 133 CKD. It was also available as a sport version called 133 IAVA.
The quality was not good, the engine was very noisy, and production ended on early '80s due the low sales.
Fiat 133:

Fiat 126:

Pretty sure than "el ciento treinta y tres" (133) is a bit larger than the Maluch, but they are the same car.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.