China Car Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 ·
Erik, this question can be dumb, but, do you know if there's (or there was) any Argentina-made or Brazil-made car/pick-up/truck in China? I only ask because I have that doubt, I don't know if there's some.
By the way I know that they were some imported Peugeot 405's and some Ford Sierra's in China, I really doubt that they're from Europe (the 405 was made here until 2002, most taxi drivers hated it, the Sierra was the same, people hated it and it was made until 1994).

Discussion starter · #45 · (Edited)
Now I come with a thing that Ulises, my best friend, founded a very special brochure of an old Chinese "mianbaoche" (minivan), the mythical Tianjin Huali TJ6350.

The year of the brochure is 1990.
Another brochure that he found, curiously of the same vehicle (well, this is a short wheelbase and facelifted example, but the platform and the manufacturer was the same, the same that in the 90's made the famous "yellow cabbies" of Beijing [Erik, you know what I'm talking about], Tianjin and Shanghai). This is the Tianjin Huali (former Tianjin Daihatsu, "天津大发") TJ6330, year 1998.

I had a discussion with Tycho about the local production at the GPAC factory in Guangzhou of the models Peugeot 405 and 605. This production is never registered or known, it was forbidden by the central government. Tycho has found strong indications that the 405 was locally assembled, at a least a batch of them, and he has even prove that the 605 was locally assembled (car with a GPAC dataplate).

Discussion starter · #47 · (Edited)
Erik, in the GPAC factory it was assembled the Peugeot 505 sedan and wagon, and 504 pickup.
But the 505 was based on the Argentinian 505. Could you please tell me if the Guangzhou Peugeot 505, was made with Argentinian CKD???
P.S: My dad had a Peugeot 505.
Here's the GPAC 505:

And the SEVEL-Peugeot 505:

You have forgotten the 504 Familiale, the production in Guangzhou started with that car. I really don't know if they got the pre-assembled cars from Argentina. I know that the first cars were made with French parts. But may be later they changed? An Argentinian connection can also explain the 405 skd-production, but that is pure speculation. If you really want to know the best way is to ask the Argentinian Saval factory, when they exist.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
You have forgotten the 504 Familiale, the production in Guangzhou started with that car. I really don't know if they got the pre-assembled cars from Argentina. I know that the first cars were made with French parts. But may be later they changed? An Argentinian connection can also explain the 405 skd-production, but that is pure speculation. If you really want to know the best way is to ask the Argentinian Saval factory, when they exist.
Erik, two things:
The 504 Familiare (here 504 Break) was made until the mid 80's in Argentina, so I'm sure that it was from Nigerian CKD (production lasted until 2010).
And the 405 made by GPAC was probably Argentinian. Why so?
First, the example of this website: http://www.china2car.com/3295/, has some things of the Argentinian 405. But the wheel covers are not (must be aftermarket?).
Second, in the ad shows a number (1993-2001), that EXACTLY fits with the time of production of the 405 in Argentina (forgot about 2002, that was the last year of sales, but I've seen some 2004 and 2005 registered taxicabs).
So, can we say that it was made with Argentinian CKD?
Here's the car:

Again with a problem. Founded on baidu.com an old advertisement of 3 Chinese cars, the first is a Mitsubishi Pajero, but the another two? What was the company that assembled (in that moment; the ad seems that is from the '90s) these cars? Are they based on Korean or Japanese models (for me the 3rd car is like a Citroën Fukang mixed up with a Hyundai Pony and a front end of a Daewoo Racer [crazy combo indeed], and the second is like a Toyota Crown Comfort van??)of the moment? Help me, waiting for their answers.
China Car Forums
yizheng liming

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.