China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i know this dosnt belong in the general part, but i think this needs some attention.
im just curious the gender age and where people live in this forum, seriously i dont really even know if hater is a 24 male or a 83 female living in US or the north pole.

well for me im

male
canada

·
Registered
450 Posts
34 yrs, male white brit living in shanghai ( total over 7yrs in china, also extensive (positive) experience of working with Koreans ).

former cars - '73 hillman imp(modified), '73 mg midget (restored), '74 merc 230 saloon, '00 JMC Ford Transit (chinese), '95 beijing jeep (soft top, big audio setup).

existing cars - '77 porsche 924 (modified, currently off the road), '85 lotus esprit N/A (nearly standard, now need to sell it), '95 bmw 530i touring (V8), '95 lotus esprit S4 (recent acquisition).
'04 chery windcloud (modified ).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
male, 59 years, caucasian, married, born in the Netherlands, Dutch nationality, living in France.

Travel since 1983 in China, each year about 1-3 trips. Study Chinese cars since 1969. Started the China Motor Vehicle Documentation Centre in 1972.

Former cars: about 12 Renault R4L (1963-1975), Renault Juvaquatre (1957), Peugeot 504 Break (1980s), 2 x Ford Granada (I drove them on LPG, great cars), about 3 Nissan Bluebird (one diesel estate, two sedans with LPG), a Lada (VAZ) 1200, about 3 Simca/Talbot 1100-1200 break/vans, Opel Kadett, 2 x Opel Corsa, Peugeot Partner, this is what I remember now but there were more, etc etc

Former Chinese car: Beijing Jeep BJ 212 (newly bought 1988, I converted it to LPG, and sold it in 1992)

Recent cars (since 2000, but sold): Citroen 2CV 1960, Peugeot 203 Break (Fire brigade) 1953, Renault R4 1964, Peugeot 404 Familiale 1969.

Present cars: Opel Astra Kombi Turbo Diesel 1999, Renault R4L 1980, Beijing Jeep BJ212 1988, and a second BJ 212 made in 1989, which I use as donor car.

·
Registered
507 Posts
34 male, born in Taiwan, grew up and living in US (CA). 100% Chinese ethnicity. A big car nut. My favorite (and most troublesome) car was the Porsche 944 Turbo. For years yearned for a Chinese made car; will be the first in line to buy one. If I have the knowhow, will even open a dealer (got the money but no knowledge).

·
Registered
36 Posts
real things about me

age = 18
s_x = male
place = Tak, Thailand <-> Uttaradit, Thailand
(now my place is (first year of) Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University)
unknown background (what background you mean?) - speaking : Thai or (not so good in) English
best Chinese in my mind = Zhonghua cars

·
Registered
627 Posts
BringIt said:
34 male, born in Taiwan, grew up and living in US (CA). 100% Chinese ethnicity. A big car nut. My favorite (and most troublesome) car was the Porsche 944 Turbo. For years yearned for a Chinese made car; will be the first in line to buy one. If I have the knowhow, will even open a dealer (got the money but no knowledge).

do you have $2 million dollars.

go to www.vvcars.com

·
Registered
547 Posts
Age - 22
Sex - Male
Location - Finland
Ethnicity - Caucasian

I speak some English and study German and Swedish languages at school. Maybe in the future I will learn Chinese too. I've been studying Chinese cars since 2004. Never been in China but it is my dream that someday I could go there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
28 years old, Chinese American male, I consider myself a good bridge between China and the USA.

I live in California. Interested in general growth of industries in China, automobiles being one of them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Age - 21
Sex - Male
Location - Fullerton, CA (United States)
Ethnicity - 1/2 Chinese, 1/4 German, 1/8 Scot, 1/8 Irish
Nationality - American (and quite nationalistic, too)

I have nothing against chinese cars, but their remind me of Korean ones, nicely styled, poorly designed. I'm interested to see how they preform in the U.S. market, and I'm even more interested in seeing Chinese stereotypes of Americans fall flat on their face in the form of marketing failures. To succeed in the American market, mainland chinese will have to learn about the American people in ways they probably don't realize yet, and I expect they will discover a lot of their pre-concieved notions about the United States are false.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Age - 23
Sex - Male
Location - Hong Kong, China
Ethnicity - Chinese, and going school in US, major in finance & accounting

interest
interest in chinese car market, and investing in chinese car company stock

believe
what i believe is chinese car will take over the low-end of car market, n car parts market.
And this movement will push GM, Ford, and other big firm to shift the low-end car out-source to Chinese manufacturer to build the car.
that's just like how the Dell build their computers, GM OR FORD do the R&D, and Chinese build the car for them. GM earn the major of the profit.
for sure, Chinese car manufacture will try to move from low to high....
but it is base on how good they can go....

Stock
invested in CBA(1114.hk)
i believe it is a great value company, and the most sucessful chinese car company so far

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Welcome to chinacarforums Wingng83 :)

wingng83 said:
Age - 23
Sex - Male
Location - Hong Kong, China
Ethnicity - Chinese, and going school in US, major in finance & accounting

interest
interest in chinese car market, and investing in chinese car company stock

believe
what i believe is chinese car will take over the low-end of car market, n car parts market.
And this movement will push GM, Ford, and other big firm to shift the low-end car out-source to Chinese manufacturer to build the car.
that's just like how the Dell build their computers, GM OR FORD do the R&D, and Chinese build the car for them. GM earn the major of the profit.
for sure, Chinese car manufacture will try to move from low to high....
but it is base on how good they can go....

Stock
invested in CBA(1114.hk)
i believe it is a great value company, and the most sucessful chinese car company so far

·
Registered
183 Posts

Age - 32
Sex - Male
Location - Sydney
Nationality - Korean

I'm not royal to any particular brand. And I love to see more choices of cars within my budget. And it seems like those more choices will come from China:cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
fm.illuminatus said:
Age - 21
Sex - Male
Location - Fullerton, CA (United States)
Ethnicity - 1/2 Chinese, 1/4 German, 1/8 Scot, 1/8 Irish
Nationality - American (and quite nationalistic, too)

I have nothing against chinese cars, but their remind me of Korean ones, nicely styled, poorly designed. I'm interested to see how they preform in the U.S. market, and I'm even more interested in seeing Chinese stereotypes of Americans fall flat on their face in the form of marketing failures. To succeed in the American market, mainland chinese will have to learn about the American people in ways they probably don't realize yet, and I expect they will discover a lot of their pre-concieved notions about the United States are false.
And the same with American companies who are trying to sell in China.

America has far more stereotypes of Chinese, than the other way around. Most Chinese have a better understanding of America than Americans do of China.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts