China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
34 male, born in Taiwan, grew up and living in US (CA). 100% Chinese ethnicity. A big car nut. My favorite (and most troublesome) car was the Porsche 944 Turbo. For years yearned for a Chinese made car; will be the first in line to buy one. If I have the knowhow, will even open a dealer (got the money but no knowledge).

·
Registered
507 Posts
fm.illuminatus said:
Age - 21
Sex - Male
Location - Fullerton, CA (United States)
Ethnicity - 1/2 Chinese, 1/4 German, 1/8 Scot, 1/8 Irish
Nationality - American (and quite nationalistic, too)

I have nothing against chinese cars, but their remind me of Korean ones, nicely styled, poorly designed. I'm interested to see how they preform in the U.S. market, and I'm even more interested in seeing Chinese stereotypes of Americans fall flat on their face in the form of marketing failures. To succeed in the American market, mainland chinese will have to learn about the American people in ways they probably don't realize yet, and I expect they will discover a lot of their pre-concieved notions about the United States are false.
Very interesting quote - do you mind telling us what this "stereotype of Americans" Chinese people hold? I honestly can't think of any!!!

On the flip side, there's a ton of negative stereotypes Americans hold against the Chinese (Asians). Don't get me started on that... :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts