China Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a picture of handsom looking Chinese truck. But who is the manufacturer ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Join venture every world

In CHINA, the companies are making big "Join venture" whith the international companies, they by the "molds" and do the vehicles. They dont use our tecnologie, this is why de end product is very cheap.

·
Registered
450 Posts
As Erik says, the truck is a DongFeng - that swirling emblem on the front is their logo. DongFeng is a brand of Second Auto Works (SAW).
The rear part of the cab looks like their normal truck, but the front is bigger and they are not normally built with two rear axles - overall it's a bigger looking machine than their normal truck, but then they have some bigger engines on the way. (DongFeng-Cummins).

The vans are also DongFeng, although it is a licensed design from, if I remember rightly, a Nissan. Quite a nice van, some freinds that used to commute with me on the Qingdao-Huangdao ferry had one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the background are Chenglong vans which are manufactured by Dongfeng-Liuzhou. Chenglong is a license built Mitsubishi Space Gear/L400.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Dongfeng Liuzhou

Raul said:
In the background are Chenglong vans which are manufactured by Dongfeng-Liuzhou. Chenglong is a license built Mitsubishi Space Gear/L400.
Here's a closer look at Donfeng's minivans. There may be a newer version.

They are made down in the Guangxi plant that turns out about 25-30 thousand vehicles a year.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow, fightingtorque and raul are so famialr with Chinese cars which make me surprised !! You even have more deep information than me who is a local Chinese and engaged in automotive industry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts